GermanMilitaria

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WH Chaplain. Janke production ? Or a real gem ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WH Chaplain. Janke production ? Or a real gem ?

Hello follow members,

I stopped collecting tunics when Janke started producing them :-)
    And I stopped collecting 10 years ago ...

What do you think of this ?
    And what detail pictures do you need to make up a opinion?

Marc
    Attached Files

;
    Attached Files

Comment

:
      Attached Files

Comment

:=
        Attached Files

Comment

The "real" tag is gone, un sewn .... Personally I don't feel good about this tunic ...
          Comes with the trousers, oversea cap and visor ....
          M.

Comment

tunic

There is a total lack of quality in the details and I think it is a 4th Reich production of a heretic.

Comment

Can you specify please PAUKE ?

Comment

:
                Attached Files

Comment

i dont like the ghost of the tag, its like its kopied , ore duplicated in reverse,,,
                  and they should be stiched. to me that something weird
                  the kragenspiegel are very tightly sewed with brutally force
                  if i doubt something i rather leave it thats a advice from a collector who was collecting during wartime and saw al the good stuff ( the man is nog close to his 85 know i think

Comment

Hi Marc -

If the name tag was supposed to be the ghost of one that was removed - in other words, that it somehow "bled through", the image would not be reversed as it is shown. I would also say the tabs do not match the nearly flawless look of the tunic. If you can, please post the visor as well. If they all came together, that may be one way to further vet the set.

Don
                    Last edited by DonC; 07-25-2016, 08:22 AM.

Comment

Hi Don ...

I do not agree with the tag explanation, After serious inspection, the original tag has been removed, it was on the "outside flap of the inside pocket . So it is logical the "print " is mirror.
                      See the picture below of a tag on the outside inner part of the pocket. If this tag was new and never cleaned, but ironed, it would make a Gost mirror imprint on the inside of the tunic.

As for the eagle and tabs, I agree, this is why I posted the tunic;

My question is not if the insignias are originally sewn to the tunic;

My question is is the tunic OK ? ?????

Like I stated already in soooooo many threats, during the 70'S and 80's all insignias where removed from the tunics when sold in shows or at dealers in Germany . Even privater persons in Germany removed the insignias when selling to a collector. I know, I was there ! The collectors just re sewn the insignias back when at home . Sometimes very nicely, sometimes very sloppy; In these days it did not matter .

Marc
                      Attached Files

Comment

Marc, I understand - I had thought from your original post that the tag had originally been attached over the ghosted image, not on the other side of the pocket. As for the tunic itself, it could well be original, but the piping color is within the realm of possibility for medical, IMO.

Don
                        Last edited by DonC; 07-25-2016, 09:30 AM.

Comment

Marc - The collar tabs look post war applied. As someone else alluded to, the condition of the tabs (worn) do not match the surrounding collar material they are sewn to.

Mark

Comment

I also think the insignia are replaced. I am on the fence with the tunic. I have other examples of piped service tunics from the same tailor from 1936-1943 and the collar constitution is very different all like the example shown. That said they of course made thousands of tunics and there may have been different patterns.
                            Attached Files

Comment

details

Other than the insignia problem the quality of the material of the collar and piping application and over all construction of the collar are very poor. Since it appears to have the same material underneath as the rest of the tunic I would expect it to condemn the whole tunic. The reverse image label just makes the whole problem stranger. An in-hand inspection is required but I still find it all too questionable.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X