Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cavalry shoulder board pls help

hello

I found this single cavalry board today on a fleah market, it was wotn a Waffenrock I think. but what does S11 mean? 11. Schwadron? or something else?
    Thanks!
    Attached Files

'S' is for schützen.
    Regards.

Comment

Kav. Schuetzen Rgt. 11

It is supposed to represent Kav. Schuetzen Rgt. 11:

http://www.lexikon-der-wehrmacht.de/...ter/SR11-R.htm

I assume this is supposed to be some type of private purchase (tailor made) piece. The style of embroidery, including shape of the "S" is far from anything that I have every seen even for a tailor made piece.

Comment

Schuetzen Rgt. 4

This is more the style of letter that I would expect to see.
        Attached Files

Comment

Thanks a lot, yes I'm sure as well this was made by the tailor himself, surely not a typical piece. Sorrily I didn't find anything else at the old mans table...

Comment

Wien

I see that you are from Hungary. It is interesting to note that this unit was originally stationed in Wien. Did you find the Schulterklappe in Austria or Hungary?

Comment

I live in Hungary just at the border in Sopron, I just went to Austria till the next village, so it was found in Austria. But on the other hand that's not an uncommon thing, that something is turning up here in western Hungary as lot of families were "torned" after ww1, and some of them kept their Austrian citizenship in Hungary or their Hungarian in Austria.

Comment

Your strap is certainly unique.
                "Textbook" ? Absolutely NOT!
                But IMO, 100% original ! Nice Find!!!

Comment

Hi I've started this thread almost two years ago, with the board on top. Sorrily I've sold it to a member, but now I got a mail, that it's pair was popping up on ebay. Sorrily I didn't know about the auction and I was too late, but I'm sure it comes from the exact same uniform.
                  Attached Files

Comment

I read this with interest. On a visit to Vienna back in the early 90's I purchased a chain-stitched "11" cavalry piped shoulder board. Funny coincidence.

I still have it somewhere.

Comment

It might be good that you missed the auction...

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X