Rank chevron....a quick question....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rank chevron....a quick question....

Hello folks. A small flea market find...Can anyone tell me if this is anything other than a standard Heer / Wehrmacht private-rank chevron? I'm only wondering if the thin black stripes which border the chevron itself have any significance. The chevron body is green HBT, and the chevron itself is grey, with the border done in black thread. Thanks in advance for any feedback!
    Attached Files

You first thought is correct it is simply the style tresse used on the late HBT chevrons and NCO collars.

Comment

Many thanks!

Comment

This tress was originally designed to be visible on the straw colored HBT fatigue/training uniform and continued to be used on the field grey HBT tunics throughout the war.

Comment

Thank you OSS, appreciate the add’l feedback.

Comment

Hello,

Here is an example of all made in that style.

Fred
            Attached Files

Comment

Nice group Fred. I'm thinking I should hang onto it as it'd display well with a tunic removed Heer breast eagle still on HBT backing that I got in a larger group lot some years back...

Comment

These can also be found on cotton twill, both with and without the black contrast thread. They were worn on the Luftwaffe green HBT and smooth green tunics as well as Heer.
                Attached Files
                Esse Quam Videri

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                X