Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Early parka material

Hello,

Does anyone have any close-up images of the wool/gabardine material used in early mouse grey parkas?

Best regards

Is this close enough or do you need something even closer? It's the same as used for the SS winter tanker overalls
    Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the image! Is it napped as normal uniforms, or not? I'm trying to find good fabric to reproduce one of the SS Winter Kombis.

Comment

No, it is more like gaberdine or what is left of a fieldgrey uniform cloth after it has lost all its nap.
        Attached Files

Comment

The material for the SS kombi and SS gabardine issue winter jacket and pants is quite different from standard uniform cloth. Most of the times you will find this fabric has lost all of its nap, on unissued pieces it is easy to see that the fabric when new did have a nice nap to it, not as heavy as uniform cloth, but it was present. Unfortunately, on these winter garments, the nap wears off very quickly, and you won't see what little was originally there unless you find such a garment that was unissued and stored for very well. The nap is much lighter and softer than uniform cloth.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Komiya View Post
            Is this close enough or do you need something even closer? It's the same as used for the SS winter tanker overalls

Nice looks like might be pre 42 litzmanstadt manufacture, potentially SS, depending on pocket flap cut and few other details. Kinda hard to make out writing on second pass...but def 42 or earlier.
            Last edited by Scott A. Hess; 10-07-2015, 03:47 PM.

Comment

How heavy is the material compared to standard uniform material?

Comment

My army winter jacket is mint and my SS pz overall also excellent, but I would not call them nappy. You'll have to decide how much nap you see in the photo I provided, as you want to make a replica.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott A. Hess View Post
                  Nice looks like might be pre 42 litzmanstadt manufacture, potentially SS, depending on pocket flap cut and few other details. Kinda hard to make out writing on second pass...but def 42 or earlier.

The name stand at the very end A.G. ( Aktien Gesellschaft ) so definatekly not Wirtschaftamts Litzmannstadt as this never ended with A.G. ending.

Comment

Originally posted by LSSAH1944 View Post
                    How heavy is the material compared to standard uniform material?
                    Heavier than standart wool cloth.

Comment

Does it appear to be plain weave or twill weave?

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Komiya View Post
                        No, it is more like gaberdine or what is left of a fieldgrey uniform cloth after it has lost all its nap.
                        Can we see the pocket flaps please?

Comment

Mine is Army, not with Waffen SS flaps.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X