Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Difference between walking out tunic & field tunic

Hello,
    I'm about to buy a private purchase infantry lieutenant tunic. I'm not experienced enough to determine if the tunic is a walking out tunic or field tunic. I've seen field tunics with pained buttons. This one has aluminum buttons. I'm not sure if this matters. What key things should I be looking for?

Thank you for your assistance.

Is it piped? Is it field grade wool or officer quality? Just post some pictures.

Comment

Generally the tunics with bright aluminum or silver buttons were not worn in the field even if not piped.

Comment

It is not piped and I don't believe it's wool. Here is the link to photos of the tunic.

Thank you,
        Mike

Comment

The link didn't work. Here is the web site where the photos of the tunic are located:

www.aboutww2militaria.com/Feb2015/tunic1.html

Thank you,
          Mike

Comment

Mike.

Looks like it had a glued eagle at some point and someone tried to removed it.

the tunic is ruined imo.

Keep an eye out on estand for officers tunics...there are great deals there.

Comment

That is a field tunic, the green paint is mostly worn of the buttons. I agree about the glue. The larger stain is probably from someone trying to remove the glue with a cleaning solvent etc. That did even more damage and changed the fabric color.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny R View Post
                That is a field tunic, the green paint is mostly worn of the buttons.

Comment

Hi Dan,
                  Thanks. I agree regarding the stain. What is the web address for EStand? I did a number of searches and came up with nothing.

Thank you,
                  Mike

Comment

Thanks Adam and others.

Comment

Just keep scrolling down on the forum topics....towards the bottom, you will see all the differect E-stand caegories.

Comment

Originally posted by mpitruzzello View Post
                        Hi Dan,
                        Thanks. I agree regarding the stain. What is the web address for EStand? I did a number of searches and came up with nothing.

Thank you,
                        Mike
                        As mentioned above - it is the collector to collector market place here on this forum.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                        X