Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M44 jacket in Russian cloth

Hi guys,

I would like to get your feedback on this M44 jacket, made in Russian cloth.
    Among things which attract my attention, I could name:
    - the very new global aspect of the jacket (especially the close-ups showing the thread)
    - the 2 different types of textiles used for the lining
    - the "fresh" aspect of the markings (I know a jacket can be mint but that much?)

That said, I've seen pretty surprising things on original M44 and there are fellow members out there who are much more experienced than I am.
    Therefore I'm interested in any opinions you would like to share!

Thanks a lot in advance

Best,

Max

A reproduction..IMO

Glenn
    "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

Total repro including the boards with poorly applied insignias
      Give a man an opinion and you feed him for a day,
      teach a man to use the "search" function on the WAF and you feed him for a lifetime.

Comment

yes me agree for reproduction opinions but i have to say its looks realy nice made all details look like in original except modern materials used.

Comment

Comment

No cigar on this one...well detailed repro...

Comment

This one is one of the best made examples I have seen thus far. I have an original made from Russian or French captured wool cloth. They did use captured materials.

Comment

It can be found here http://www.overlord1944.com/Producto...=heer%20tunics
                it was discussed a year or two back here on the WAF with the same result even though the site owner did not want to beleive it!

Kev

Comment

Ah yes, he is the guy selling the Splinter jogging suit.

http://www.overlord1944.com/FichaPro...inter%20jacket.

Comment

Bingo Johnny, I had forgotten about that one!

Kev

Comment

there are some items I wouldn t be comfortable with
                      Originally posted by Johnny R View Post
                      Ah yes, he is the guy selling the Splinter jogging suit.

http://www.overlord1944.com/FichaPro...inter%20jacket.

Comment

Hopefully repros like this, plus the correct matching trousers, will be mass produced and made available at reasonable price for what they are...Wonder what the jacket form is like when actually worn...who on earth go to the trouble of knocking these nice moden items off?

Comment

Originally posted by corporalSteiner View Post
                          Hopefully repros like this, plus the correct matching trousers, will be mass produced and made available at reasonable price.....
                          hopefully not. even low budget repro bring enough problems for rookie collectors....don t need high qualtiy fakes on mass production...
                          this jacket in real ww2 wool and that s it....

Comment

Originally posted by Buckliger View Post
                            hopefully not. even low budget repro bring enough problems for rookie collectors....don t need high qualtiy fakes on mass production...
                            this jacket in real ww2 wool and that s it....
                            Buying alone without the use of forums is the risky act. This one was smoked out instantly. Repros anyway today are of good quality. When repro firms bother to make m44s like this, sold as repros, in this brown cloth, they would satisfy the repro collecting market. Such repros held up on forums will be exposed as fake. It's in the purchases outside forums consultation, by the inexperienced and the inadvised, that the problem lies. This tunic as repro looks bloody good and should be a guide to how such model field blouses should be reproduced as repros for repro collectors. medals always need close inspection for validity, so too tunics. And there are collectors for both orig and repro. So let them both have access to quality.

Comment

Sorry, but no for me.

Uwe

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X