Heer HBT drill tunic w/ insignia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heer HBT drill tunic w/ insignia

I was recently doing some research on this piece and there weren't many references for it. I figured I'd share and get some good pics of one out on the net. This particular one is a 6 button with flaps on the pockets. I realize there at other variants out there. I could only find one other exactly like this one. Before anyone tries to hammer me on the insignia being present. I have found documentation that some were dyed from white to green, and insignia was sewn on for field use. With that said, enjoy.

Based on the button count and flapped pockets it came from RAD inventories and dyed for field use.
    Could have been dyed for RAD and/or (later) WH use. Anybody's guess when the breast eagle was added, (it sits kind of high...)
    but its not unusual for RAD pattern fatigue clothing ending up in Heer inventories, RAD downsizing
    during the war and Heer expanding and always in need of clothing. So conflicting property stamps
    is also not an issue.
    I own the same piece in its original undyed RAD oatmeal color with 6 buttons and flapped skirt pockets.
    Standard Heer drillich of this type of course had 5 buttons and flawless bottom pockets.
    Last edited by NickG; 03-30-2014, 11:17 PM.

Comment

Here is one for sale in its un-dyed original condition

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GERMAN-RAD-L...p2056016.l4276

Comment

I'm guessing it was widely used across the board. I found this article awhile back too.

Comment

Why they started with white, I have no clue. Seems like it would be very hard to keep clean and sharp looking. You can tell that mine was dyed. It has small white lines where either it wasn't properly dyed or it has faded over time.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X