No announcement yet.

M43 officer tunic - opinions needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If it is a heavily modified M40 tunic (and I am inclined to vote yes) the closure side of the front should have been modified as well to make it a straight line. Can we see an inside pic of the overbite side (the side with the buttonholes)? If so, it is an interesting conversion piece but the insignia turn me off. These are too new for the heavier wear of the tunic and also the application of the collar tabs seem a bit too amateurish as the conversion itself was obviously done with great skill. So heavily modified M40 tunic (still would like to see pics of overbite) with probably post war reapplied insignia. I say post war as I would think that when the conversion was done of the M40 EM tunic it was probably still a mintish tunic. I would be sceptical as to believe the conversion on the tunic took place in its current state of wear especially seeing a slit for a dagger having been added.

Comment

All insignia is post war reapplied.

You can still see where the NCO tresse was on the collar if you look closely.

The rest is easy to guess from there.

Daniel.

Comment

Thank you for your input gentlemen, I really appreciate it
        Maybe the seller, VidarF, have some more photos to share if he wants to pursue this topic further.

Best regards
        Olav

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X