Original Tunics re sewn eagles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Original Tunics re sewn eagles

Dont know if this ones been shown before but it goes to show how many original / re-sewn eagles on tunics tunics ther must be out there.

Seen lots of pics & film of POWs & surrendering troops who have removed eagles from their tunics either by force or because they were sick of the regime at wars end.
    Attached Files

IMO even thier face impressions say "by force"

Comment

I have never see the photo before.Are you sure its from war's end?Too many M36's I see,am I correct?
      Notis

Comment

By the looks of their tunics I believe that these soldiers are prisoners of the French. They all were M36 tunics with piped and backed collar tabs, and pointed boards.

Fred

Comment

Originally posted by fred green View Post
          by the looks of their tunics i believe that these soldiers are prisoners of the french. They all were m36 tunics with piped and backed collar tabs, and pointed boards.

Fred
          +1

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Green View Post
            By the looks of their tunics I believe that these soldiers are prisoners of the French. They all were M36 tunics with piped and backed collar tabs, and pointed boards.

Fred
            Yes.Also IMHO they don't look like fresh first line of fight combat troops,who knows...But,did the French do that?Or other Allies?Did they force the POW Germans to remove their eagles?Or the shoulder boards?In the picture two POW's
            do not bare shoulder boards.
            Notis

Comment

Originally posted by siton12 View Post
              I have never see the photo before.Are you sure its from war's end?Too many M36's I see,am I correct?
              Notis
              Yes theyre all in M36s ealry war just meant in general, Spielberg has some film footage of droves all surrendering with no eagles at wars end.

Comment

My guess would be Poland in '39.

Comment

Originally posted by OSS View Post
                  My guess would be Poland in '39.
                  Agree. They have too early appearance to be west front in 1940.

Comment

October 1939. Poland.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Yup, early war photo alright. Some of the tunics are even the pre=M36 tunics, with the not so dark, jager green collars. Funny how the guy at the end, second row, has his hat on backward, possibly to hid the national eagle from the camera.

Seems like this photo was to be used as propaganda by the Poles in attempt to bolster the moral of the Polish army, break moral of the Germans and communicate to the world that the Germans weren't invincible. It is a great photo!

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by airborne_steve View Post
                        Yup, early war photo alright. Some of the tunics are even the pre=M36 tunics, with the not so dark, jager green collars. Funny how the guy at the end, second row, has his hat on backward, possibly to hid the national eagle from the camera.

Seems like this photo was to be used as propaganda by the Poles in attempt to bolster the moral of the Polish army, break moral of the Germans and communicate to the world that the Germans weren't invincible. It is a great photo!

Steve
                        Yes,makes sense alright...

Comment

The title of the thread still works in that when these guys were released in a week or two after this photo was taken we can assume that the eagles were "re-sewn", actually replaced would be more accurate.

Comment

They look more like late war Volkssturm, don't they? Not the youthful front line troops you would expect. Looks like they have Infantry collar litzen?

Comment

I agree with date 1940, I see a M40 feldbluse with green collar tabs.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X