Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Assault Gunner Wrap

Hi,
    never owned one of these , this is one I have been offered frankly I have no idea what to look for. Appears to be tailor made is this unusual. Whatever you can ascertain from these photographs would be highly appreciated.
    cheers robert
    Attached Files

Assault Gunners Wrap

more
    Attached Files

Comment

Wrap

any need for further photographs?
      Attached Files

Comment

The photos the seller provided to you really don't show any of the important details. Get a shot of it on a mannequin, or at least, laid out flat on the floor with some straight-on shots. Also, photos of the DETAILS of the liner as well as an overall shot of the lining, IN FOCUS.

I mean, let's be frank - if this is the best he can do to photograph a high dollar item, I wouldn't value it above the value of a repro Wrap from Sturm, with some original insignia.

Comment

Don,
          I thought similar too but I did not want to request further photographs if no possibility of it being good. I have known the seller for several years and he is one of those collectors who does not like his opinions challenged. I will request some more photographs, of the liner,collar etc. I was going to see it in hand before making an offer but the distance away is over 500 klms each way so wanted to be confident was worth the drive.
          cheers Robert

Comment

its a fake, just move on

Comment

Wrapper

well you saved me a long drive so thanks.
              cheers Robert

Comment

fake

Robert

This looks like one of the fakes "TH" was importing into Australia
                during the mid 90's

This jacket looks very similar to one I've seen offered back then, you never forget the good fakes

These were sold off at gun shows across Australia, TH made a small fortune, god knows how many are sitting with dumb collectors, to lazy research before buying

pm me if you need more details

Mark S

Comment

Even I can see that is "Idiot candy"

Well avoided.

Comment

I was kind of hinting that it has that potato sack look of a Sturm, and the wool as well looks like theirs. As for the non-metallic officer Tabs, are there good wartime examples of that? The only ones I have ever picked up turned out to be repros.

Comment

Originally posted by checkit View Post
                      I was kind of hinting that it has that potato sack look of a Sturm, and the wool as well looks like theirs. As for the non-metallic officer Tabs, are there good wartime examples of that? The only ones I have ever picked up turned out to be repros.
                      The tabs are good machine woven examples from later in the war.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X