X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Non reversible splinter pattern parka? help please

Hi,

Found one example on the forum.
    I have this non reversible parka in my collection.
    It has many patches stiched on it (late war?) and it is non reversible.
    Is it correct that this it not that often encountered as the reversible parka?

It is in a worn condiction, especially the sleeve ends and interior are slightly damaged.

No marking are on the inside.
    Is this an authentic?
    When would these parka's have been issued? 43/44?

Thx
    DSCN1791.jpg

DSCN1794.jpg

[ATTACH]2786320[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]2786325[/ATTACH]

Comment

[ATTACH]2786326[/ATTACH]

Comment

I believe these would be Luftwaffe issue parkas. Yes, 43/44 would be correct.

Carles

Comment

Originally posted by me6_130 View Post
          I believe these would be Luftwaffe issue parkas. Yes, 43/44 would be correct.

Carles
          Luftwaffe? Interesting. I think there are several books about battle of the bulge where this parka is being worn on top of a greatcoat. So this would have been luftwaffe troops? Maybe FJ?

Comment

Army parka?

HI,Luftwaffe? Looks to me like a later war Heer/Luftwaffe Winterjacke with the blue rayon lining,fairly common to find. Regards David.

Comment

Non-reversible parkas were general Wehrmacht issue. The white side of the reversible models couldn't be kept white, because of the impracticality of washing and drying such a thick garment. So they developed a thin white snow outfit and no longer needed to have white on the parkas. They were issued to the army and Luftwaffe alike.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Komiya View Post
                Non-reversible parkas were general Wehrmacht issue. The white side of the reversible models couldn't be kept white, because of the impracticality of washing and drying such a thick garment. So they developed a thin white snow outfit and no longer needed to have white on the parkas. They were issued to the army and Luftwaffe alike.
                Correct. WH and WL. Nice worn example

Comment

Purple-grey artificial silk lining is more commonly associated with Luftwaffe issue garments.

This very well could be general issue to both services (Heer & LW), but I'd lean towards LW.

Nice character!

Comment

Originally posted by Waffenreich View Post
                    Purple-grey artificial silk lining is more commonly associated with Luftwaffe issue garments.
                    I have heard this often enough, but what lining are army versions supposed to come in then? I have not seen other linings.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Komiya View Post
                      I have heard this often enough, but what lining are army versions supposed to come in then? I have not seen other linings.
                      I was told many years ago, by a belgian merchant that lived in the Czech Rep., that those non rev. camo garments with the blueish lining were LW, so never doubted it. Now, he could have been mistaken...

Carles

Comment

parka

it's all in here ...p 164 - 165
                        Attached Files
                        Interested in all E. Reitz Uniformwerke items.

Comment

Originally posted by werner p. View Post
                          it's all in here ...p 164 - 165
                          Indeed! Got the book just a few days ago!

Comment

Interested in all E. Reitz Uniformwerke items.

Comment

Your reply is what I would expect from a lawyer, and not a fellow WAF member, but thanks anyway.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X