Panzer Wrap Tabs For Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panzer Wrap Tabs For Review

These were purchased over a decade ago and I guess I should find out if they pass the test. Thoughts and opinions please. I will be selling these on estand for my dad along with some shoulder boards in the near future.

Thanks in advance!
    Eric
    Attached Files
    I once flew in a B-17, B-24, & a B-25. Next, I want to fire an 88 round.

they look like modern fakes with original rayon piping.
    I would not buy skulls either although I am not sure about them.

Comment

Eric,

im with lucky on these guys. The rayon pipping is good but I have never been a fan of this type of backing. The wool didn't seem quite right to me either and I looked over the tabs I have at home to confirm my initial feelings. Matt

Comment

Well I was hoping! However, these were purchased off of ebay in the early years. That's just the way it goes.

Thanks!
        Eric

Comment

Well at least you can cut the pipping off and have that.... Matt

Comment

I would like to bring this back up for discussion as I found this old thread on the forum. Please look at posting number 5 and posting number 6 for comparison. I believe the skulls are a match and the backing on posting number six with the yellow piping are a match to mine. I believe that these might be good now! Thoughts and opinions?

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ht=Panzer+tabs

Comment

Well farther down on that thread post 11 and 12 I wrote some "questionable ones".

Comment

Originally posted by Heer Flak View Post
                I would like to bring this back up for discussion as I found this old thread on the forum. Please look at posting number 5 and posting number 6 for comparison. I believe the skulls are a match and the backing on posting number six with the yellow piping are a match to mine. I believe that these might be good now! Thoughts and opinions?

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ht=Panzer+tabs
                I dont think any of these skulls in post 5 (all of them are fine) is like yours. Your skulls remembers me more on these (original pattern) with a drop nose:
                Attached Files

Comment

To some things up so far, we like the piping and we like the skulls, correct? That is how I am taking it. Are we just questioning the felt?

Eric

Comment

Eric,

Im not a huge fan of the skulls and I really hate the backing material. That is just not the norm from what I have seen... that said there is a lot I have not seen. Matt

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X