HisCol

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help! 70th infantry Majors tunic Opinions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help! 70th infantry Majors tunic Opinions?

Hello,
    So this tunic is being offered on the E-stand and I'm very interested in it! What do you think? Here is the link !

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=709504
    Attached Files

More
    Attached Files

Comment

More..
      Attached Files

Comment

More...
        Attached Files

Comment

More.....
          Attached Files

Comment

It is salty but looks fine to me and the price is good for the rank and branch even with the mothing and wear and tear.

Comment

Personally, if I was looking for a tunic like this and it had some of the mothing described I would ask him to put the tunic on a torso so a pic can show that the hole at the bottom is in fact covered when the tunic is closed and draped naturally. That could be a very nasty, detracting surprise if you do not.

Also, from what it looks like in the pics, the shoulder boards are put on backwards. The short side of the end loop should face the front of the tunic when the boards are sewn-in properly. I'm not saying this was done post-war as there are untouched tunics found this way, and wartime photos that show them in wear like this. I'm bringing it up just so you know there is a slight variation from what was prescribed by reg. It's just a matter of how much you can tolerate in the mothing etc.. The price for what you'd be getting isn't out of control.

Good luck with your decision.

vr

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Waffenreich View Post
                Personally, if I was looking for a tunic like this and it had some of the mothing described I would ask him to put the tunic on a torso so a pic can show that the hole at the bottom is in fact covered when the tunic is closed and draped naturally. That could be a very nasty, detracting surprise if you do not.

Also, from what it looks like in the pics, the shoulder boards are put on backwards. The short side of the end loop should face the front of the tunic when the boards are sewn-in properly. I'm not saying this was done post-war as there are untouched tunics found this way, and wartime photos that show them in wear like this. I'm bringing it up just so you know there is a slight variation from what was prescribed by reg. It's just a matter of how much you can tolerate in the mothing etc.. The price for what you'd be getting isn't out of control.

Good luck with your decision.

vr

Bob
                The one hole is of course a detraction. But when on a torso I would picture it probably showing but if you angle it, there wouldn't be a problem. It's an affordable tunic . I will put some thought in. But I'm looking in the $750-900 range tops . I'm only 17 so a tunic takes a lot of work to save for. But doubling my saving ... EHHh... I don't know. Thank you both for your help and knowledge !!

Best,
                Justin

Comment

That is a good starting tunic at a fair price. If it was in better condition even with the minor mothing and boards like (they were worn that way) that it would be 1000-1200+ US.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X