Help With Tailor's Tag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help With Tailor's Tag

All, any help on this one much appreciated.

Don
    Attached Files

One more...
    Attached Files

Comment

Not sure on the first letter of the last name, as we already talked about it could be a "J", the rest looks like -aensche?

Comment

Looks like a J to me. Matt

Comment

Jaenecke, IMO

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Pittman View Post
            Jaenecke, IMO
            Chris is right, it is a "K". I am looking for matches. In 1939 there is only one, a Oberst in Fortress Inspection who would be an Engineer.

Comment

Thanks, all -

The Engineer is not our boy - the tag is in an officer's M36 for an Major der Artillerie. The date tag is February 16, 1937.

Don

Comment

Double post
                Last edited by Johnny R; 12-12-2013, 05:40 PM.

Comment

So as we thought he may be Reserve. I have the lists for them as well but they are by DOR and are not indexed so very time consuming to use. There is one listed in the index for the 1944 rank list but it is an error or the name was not added on that page.

Comment

name

One more view of the tag might be useful, esp. showing what's to the left as well.

Comment

Here's a quickie of the tunic. Eagle has been replaced. It has two tailored holes for awards, so I suspect he may have been a WWI retread with a Spange, but that is conjecture at this point. The EKII ribbon and Spange were loose with the tunic - black thread on the tunic matched the black thread hanging from the ribbon.

Don
                      Attached Files

Comment

I did not find him in the 1943 list either and that also supports the idea that he probably was reserve. I would strongly suspect he was reserve. Artillery was one of the branches they expanded very quickly in the later 30s and they had to depend on older experienced reserve officers to develop the arm and to form the units. As the War began, many older officers were replaced, drummed out or put in rear training etc. positions. Nice tunic, Artillery is sort of the ugly duckling but was a frontline combat service and they essentially fought as infantry during the later part of the War in the East.

Comment

Thanks, John - I appreciate the help!

Don

Comment

I will look at the WWI list and RH. He could be (E) or z.D. too. It is hard to find these guys sometimes.

Comment

I did not think that Jaenecke would be an uncommon name in Germany. I am surprised there were so few in the graves registry and Rangliste.

Don

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X