Late tunic, repl. Insignia?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Late tunic, repl. Insignia?

gents - tunic looks ok or maybe an artfully beat-up janke or other replica - but the grenadier insignia etc. makes me frown; fake, wrong era or replaced. you too? thanks a mint, dw
    Attached Files

3-4
    Attached Files

Comment

last
      Attached Files

Comment

Any better pics?

Comment

sorry no

Comment

120 views and zilch comments. is it just crappy beyond words, then? c'mon a little help please, mates!

Comment

Hello,

Better pictures are needed but at a glance all insignia has been replaced. Collar tabs might be original but the backing material and construction is incorrect.. The breast eagle is mounted a little high and might be bad, The chevron appears good. The boards might or might not be good. Better photos are needed to actually see the sewing and to see the insignia and tunic details.

Fred

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Green View Post
                Hello,

Better pictures are needed but at a glance all insignia has been replaced.

Fred
                Agreed, the present insignia would not appear on an issue tunic. These insignia are replacements, most likely post-war.

Comment

thanks a lot, fellas. I'd thought as much; and actually with a late model tunic I'd have thought most e.m. tabs lacked the stiff backing material and were usually sewn directly onto the collar.

insignia aside, my guess is the tunic is pre-45, tho weren't rear belt ramps done away with when this model was intro'd? (plus these sit at the wrong angle...) the hmmmm? factor persists, right? dw

Comment

Need better and clear photos. I like what I can see of the interior but cannot be sure. I agree about the insignia.

Comment

ok johnny; will try and get better pix from the guy.

Comment

ok will try and get better pix from the guy. thanks.

Comment

I suspect the base tunic is original but would not make any purchase based on these pictures.

Comment

much obliged, chris. does anyone know for sure if this pattern has been repro'd here or abroad?

Comment

M43 tunics have been widely reproduced here and abroad for years.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X