Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice pictures by the way !!! Great photography

Comment

The buttons are very late War and I have only seen them on issue tunics. The tunic I think is earlier circa 42-43. I think it might have been completely stripped of buttons and the ribbon etc. eagle and boards and has been restored. The tresse and tabs look good but you should look them carefully. Does the collar look original to the tunic?

Comment

Thanks a lot for the interest and comments - thanks also for the comments on the photoes .

Johnny, yes, I am convinced that the tabs must be replaced..I have attached some more detailed pics from the front and the back - clearly 2 thread-lines...and some "double lines by the moth bites.

I have a also included some more details from the collar. It could be replaced, but I do find it hard to judge as I never had a tunic like this one before.
        Any opinions welcome..

Hans Kristian
        Attached Files

Comment

and here the collar detail..
          Attached Files

Comment

..and the boards - I do not think they were replaced...and they are in my opinion original..
            Attached Files

Comment

Looks like the collar was attached with the same thread as the boards? Have they pulled loose or are they only lightly sewn in there? None of the sewing including the collar looks like it was done by a professional tailor. Compare that to the hand stitching inside the lining etc. It is hard to say 100% from pictures but it looks monkeyed with to me.

Comment

Johnny, the board on the pict is loose on what is the left side in the pict. The other is firm.
                Maybe you are right, but maybe the was changed.?.I have previous shown an upgraded EM to offizer, it is here http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...=639920&page=2
                Here obviously the collar had to be changed..
                I dont know for sure, but I do have period thread myself that is similar to the one used..and the one on the tunic is cotton..no doubt (Burned some).

Interesting..

Originally posted by Johnny R View Post
                Looks like the collar was attached with the same thread as the boards? Have they pulled loose or are they only lightly sewn in there? None of the sewing including the collar looks like it wt has done by a professional tailor. Compare that to the hand stitching inside the lining etc. It is hard to say 100% from pictures but it looks monkeyed with to me.

Comment

The thread on the boards can pull out like that over time just from being on a hanger. The collar looks crudely sewn compared to the rest of it. I am just guessing about what happened. It needs to be looked at carefully in hand, I think it may have been restored or partially restored.

Comment

Johnny, I follow you on the collar - it looks sloppy sewn. And I do believe that "someone at some time" did something to the tabs..and probably not period.

On the other hand, I do believe the insignia to be period and not repro. And the same goes for the collar.

I will let Jens Thune lay his hands on this one soon for an opinion.

Thanks for all the discussion...good for my education..

Hans Kristian

Originally posted by Johnny R View Post
                    The thread on the boards can pull out like that over time just from being on a hanger. The collar looks crudely sewn compared to the rest of it. I am just guessing about what happened. It needs to be looked at carefully in hand, I think it may have been restored or partially restored.

Comment

The insignia all is original but the question is when it was applied. It has French cuffs as well which normally was only worn by higher ranking NCOS. O.A.s and officers. In the worse case scenario it may have been a completely stripped officers tunic with no buttons and the collar was switched for an NCO to enhance value and all the insignia added post War.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X