It's Still Out There!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tiroli patch?

Can anyone comment on the Tiroli patch? I have one similar amongst my uncles items from the 40s and i was not sure if it was military or not.
    Thanks
    Joe

Comment

Do not break the group up, together it tells a whole story.

Comment

What a fantastic collection you have there - congratulations indeed.

People who hoard things (I like to say 'collect') are often criticized for having too much stuff lying around. In this case however, and for the sake of history, it is great to see so many items still kept together after all this time. They really do tell the story of this veteran's wartime experiences.

As time goes on and more collections are split up, often only for profit, groupings like this are going to become even more important.

Thanks for taking so many pictures for us to enjoy.

Matthew

Comment

Wow what a group of great stuff congratulations!

Comment

Holy guacamole!! That is an amazing to have it all together all these years and all of it in amazing shape. Great find!! Also like how the HJ armband was used for holding all the awards!

Comment

great find

Comment

I just saw that this thread was brought back around. Thanks a lot guys for all of the positive comments. It really is a great find and totally sums up why we collect this old stuff

Comment

Very nice pick-up, Congrats

The thing I like the most is that small coin purse with the Soviet cap badge on it. Imagine what that thing had gone through, first on the Russian, then the German, and then how the American got it. What comes to mind are the battles on the Steppe in the summer of '41.

Nice group!!

Comment

Wow..

Just catching this thread now.

Comment

Hi Mark,
                      I thought this was a repeat of your other "find" thread, but no! You have simply been very busy and successful at finding vet bringback groupings. These are so much fun to see posted on the Forum.
                      Congratulations and great work,
                      Curtiss

Comment

"The thing I like the most is that small coin purse with the Soviet cap badge on it. Imagine what that thing had gone through, first on the Russian, then the German, and then how the American got it. What comes to mind are the battles on the Steppe in the summer of '41. "

Agree, that wallet with the Red Star is the most interesting piece in the lot. Does it still have any contents?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X