Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Officer's Feldbluse - Infantry with Metz Cuff - opinions please

Hi all,

I have put on hold today a Wehrmacht Heer Feldbluse belonging to a Hauptmann der Infanterie and the tunic has a Metz 1944 cuff title on it. I would like some opinions from my fellow WAFs around any concerns/issues you may see with the piece (s). I apprreciate any comments whatsoever.

The item is located here:

https://www.history-shop.de/katalog/artikel/Wehrmacht_Heer_Feldbluse_eines_88513_e.html

Kind regards

Scott

Originally posted by Revellations View Post
    Hi all,

I have put on hold today a Wehrmacht Heer Feldbluse belonging to a Hauptmann der Infanterie and the tunic has a Metz 1944 cuff title on it. I would like some opinions from my fellow WAFs around any concerns/issues you may see with the piece (s). I apprreciate any comments whatsoever.

The item is located here:

https://www.history-shop.de/katalog/artikel/Wehrmacht_Heer_Feldbluse_eines_88513_e.html

Kind regards

Scott
    this seller is a big no no.as most of hes item.

Comment

As part of my research, I did check out the statements made by people around this seller. Some are negative and a lot are positive. I would appreciate, if you could, talk about the tunic rather than the seller in this post. Happy for you offline (you have me email) to talk about the dealer. Looking for concerns issues with the tunic.

Cheers

Scott

Comment

I had a lot of good stuff off this seller, as with all dealers you have to know your subject before buying, as for the jacket it looks good, as for the cufftitle it also looks good but when it was applied????? any bidies guess

Comment

Everything else looks to be originally applied so there's a good chance the cuff title is as well.

Not sure what award would have been worn on the right breast. A smaller foreign award maybe?

Comment

Scott,

im not a huge fan of the way the collar tabs are hand sewn, seems rather crude in my opinion. I can't comment on the METZ 1944 cuff title as I know nothing about them. The tunic does seem to be made out of later war materials in my opinion. Boards look to be originally sewn to the tunic from the pics posted but just proceed with caution.
            There are a lot of opinions on Kai and a lot of negative dealings with him and other forum members. Not everything he gets in is bad, I have snagged 2 great items from him and his staff this year and both are with out a doubt good items. Its really all in what you are after and as long as your happy with the tunic then go for it. It really doesn't do it for me and I think the tabs are probably replaced but its just an opinion and hard to say for sure with out it in hand. My other concern is that its a pretty looped up tunic for such a late period of the war, loops for one award on the right breast (everyone always assumes DKIG or DKIS but not always), CCC, short ribbon bar, IAB, WB ect....absolutely possible combination but all that and a cuff to boot. If all original I would think you would probably be able to trace it to one of a short list of people. That being said, as many things in this hobby, if it appears to be too good it probably is, then to boot where its coming from would demand the utmost caution in proceeding forward and I would be going over that with a fine tooth comb multiple times. Matt

Comment

Hi Scott -

Base tunic is legit - I am with Matt on the tabs - those give me the willies, but who's to say it isn't just a sloppy period job? To me the real question is this: You have a base tunic that is worth 850 - 1000€. It is unnamed, so are you prepared to shell out 2960 for an armband not knowing when it was applied? That's the question I would be asking myself.

Don

Comment

I would never buy anything like this unless it was from the family or a vet or there were solid period pictures of it in wear.

Comment

word of caution:

how many jackets have been proven to have been put together by this dealer?.......
                  as well as badges being refinished?......

a lot is the answer also remember the tuxedo clasp you wouldn't see me buying anything from this guy unless its cheap like a kvk or it has solid providence and that had better be absoulutly air tight http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...light=fegelein

Comment

You have to be nuts to buy an item like this from this dealer. Jacques

Comment

Thanks for all the replies and honest opinions; both about the tunic and the dealer. I had made the decision to pass on it before checking out the comments this mronign when I woke up. My reasoning was what I was getting for the price. I would be willing to pay that amount of money if there was documented history, named tunic etc....and that is not there. You have confirmed my gut feeling and I thank you for that.

All have a Merry Christmas.

Cheers

Scott

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X