Things found in tunic pockets.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WalterB View Post
    Nick, German Paratroopers were also issued and wore these type of jackets, so it is definitely possible that this jacket was indeed worn by FJs. I referred in my post to it as a LW field division jacket simply because that style is how it is most commonly referred to among US collectors. Sorry for the confusion.
    That is true, could still be taken from a paratrooper and LW paras sometimes even wore regular LW helmets (offered better protection)... Being an elite force they did tend to hang on to their unique gear as much as possible (badge of honor) but especially towards the end when hodge podge battle groups (kampfgruppen) were thrown in the fight, any combination of gear is possible I guess! I agree!
    Last edited by NickG; 12-18-2012, 01:32 PM.

Comment

I found this piece of paper in the lower right hand pocket of Flak officer tunic. Appears to be a corner of a death card with something written on the back.

I have also found a handkerchief in the pocket of a Luftwaffe Officer breeches. And I have found NCO tresse in the pocket of an NCO tuchroch.
      Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X