hbt pz pants : another try

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by grubhy View Post
    i guess that in kitchen with use some salt, boiled water and cloth paint mixed together in large pot.
    bull

Comment

Yes, some here got style, knowledge and these arguments...Maybe You should try different forums. Kid's cartoons as your avatar

Originally posted by tgn View Post
      bull

Comment

Originally posted by derka View Post
        yes, and its caracteristics are less known, hence the common confusion with the LW pattern used by sellers...
        derka
        Yours look to me to be the genuine article.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Grubhy View Post
          Yes, some here got style, knowledge and these arguments...Maybe You should try different forums. Kid's cartoons as your avatar
          That wasn't very nice. Do you always insult those that disagree with you? I didn't insult you.

If, and I stress IF, those pants are re-dyed, they were done by the Germans during the war.

Comment

Originally posted by OSS View Post
            Yours look to me to be the genuine article.
            a member posted in the past on the forum 2 fabulous period pics of the entire set, in mint/just issued condition, with special sleeve grades (men wore black pz sidecaps).
            i downloaded them for my own files, but will not post them here ; he will if he wishes to.
            derka

Comment

No You didn't, it is just name of the animal

Originally posted by tgn View Post
              bull

Comment

Originally posted by Grubhy View Post
                No You didn't, it is just name of the animal
                It is probably the commonly used shorthand for the dung of this animal.

Comment

Another set of 1st Model HBT Pants for Panzer personnel. This pair was shortened by the owner.When I got them nobody even knew what they were. Until the Pruett/Edwards book was published I didn't realize there were two basic models of the HBT wrap. Jim
                  Attached Files

Comment

Jim,

even official names of those two sets are different.

the "first pattern" suit, as collectors name it, without any pocket with flaps eitheir on the wrap or the trousers, was adopted as "Drillichschutanzug für die Besatzungen der Panzerspähwagen".

the "second pattern" suit, as collectors name it, with pocket with buttoned flap on the wrap and on the left leg of trousers, as shown by Mr Davis above, was adopted as "Drillichschutanzug für die Panzertruppen".

in fact, period pics clearly show that both sets were used in aufklarung and panzer units, even if the first pattern was adopted in 1941, and the second later in 1942.

an interesting point is that i know period pics of those two patterns wraps made in mouse gray or green denim materials, but i have yet not seen first pattern trousers made with this particular variation material.
                    maybe someone can provide such a pic ?

i noticed too that some "2nd pattern" sets were period modified by putting off the large flaped pockets, on wraps and on trousers.

for the last, in this case, the only (IMHO) way to clearly distinguish them, as the difference of shade of the protected drillich area (by the initial pocket) is almost unoticeable, is that on "real" first pattern trousers, front buttoned flaped pockets (as on the black or feldgrau wool set) are symetricaly positioned.
                    on the second pattern, it is not the case.

i hope i'm clear enought in my description.
                    derka

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X