Cavalry Waffenrock 2./K.R.13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well travelled Waffenrock

Hi There, i was perusing the site and found this tread, you'll be happy to know this waffenrock is now residing down under and getting lots of love, it was my second Kav purchase. and i love it.
    Unless its a happy conicidence and there are two identical tunics out there which i guess wouldnt be unusual.
    Thanks, I'm glad you shared.

Ha ha I'm such a novice, still getting excited over nice uniforms, my 13 Kav is different only one pip on the shoulderboard. its beautiful though, just need a better mannkin to display it. how do you guys use the mannikins with boots ? the dummy is supported through the foot, i dont fancy cutting a hole in the shoe ?
    Last edited by Eclipse; 11-25-2015, 10:01 PM.

Comment

Hello
      Must be a happy coincidence as I still own this waffenrock and its still in my collection. Search around the forum im sure there is a thread relating to displaying boots on a mannequin all mine are just half bust.

Comment

the best

could look at waffenrocks all day / yours included / set up with class
        Mit freundlichen Grussen
        steve

Comment

Lovely set! I have always had a thing for waffenrock's. Here is a nice Cavalry example I own in the collection.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by BlaineLeamon87 View Post
            Lovely set! I have always had a thing for waffenrock's. Here is a nice Cavalry example I own in the collection.
            Very nice Blaine

however, not Kavallerie in this case but Wehrersatzwesen form Wehrkreis IX 1935-1939 (recruiting and replacement)

Comment

Originally posted by naxos View Post
              Very nice Blaine

however, not Kavallerie in this case but Wehrersatzwesen form Wehrkreis IX 1935-1939 (recruiting and replacement)
              I'm a bit confused. This is not Cav yellow?

Comment

I'm a bit confused. This is not Cav yellow?
                Colour is the same but a different branch and you got something much more scarce then a Cav tunic

Comment

Colour is the same but a different branch and you got something much more scarce then a Cav tunic
                  Hey I like the sound of that

What exactly would he have been a replacement for? As in what award would be appropriate for the loop?

Comment

Hey I like the sound of that

What exactly would he have been a replacement for? As in what award would be appropriate for the loop?
                    - The IX is for the 9th recruitment district (IX Wehrkreis)

see here: http://www.axishistory.com/axis-nati...y-wehrkreis-ix

- pre war award like Reiterabzeichen (horseman) or Sports badge
                    Attached Files

Comment

- The IX is for the 9th recruitment district (IX Wehrkreis)

see here: http://www.axishistory.com/axis-nati...y-wehrkreis-ix

- pre war award like Reiterabzeichen (horseman) or Sports badge
                      Awesome thanks a lot! I have a perfect badge for this!

Comment

Blaine's tunic is for Wehrkreis-Remonteschule IX (Gardelegen)

http://www.lexikon-der-wehrmacht.de/...rdelegen-R.htm

or (less likely) Wehrkreis-Reit-und Fahrschule IX (Oschatz) and is indeed rare.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny R View Post
                          Blaine's tunic is for Wehrkreis-Remonteschule IX (Gardelegen)

http://www.lexikon-der-wehrmacht.de/...rdelegen-R.htm

or (less likely) Wehrkreis-Reit-und Fahrschule IX (Oschatz) and is indeed rare.
                          Thank you for the input Johnny! I'm glad I picked this up a few years back. I have been focusing on rare type waffenrocks so this is great news!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X