Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Officer Waffenrock

Hello all,

Can anyone tell me if they believe this Waffenrock is for Cavalry or Signals?

Any idea what awards the loops may be for? The top set almost looks smaller, perhaps for a spange?

William Kramer
    Attached Files
    Please visit my site: https://wehrmacht-militaria.com/

Looks like Signal to me. Awards might be 1914 EK1 and 1939 Spange with a ribbon abr at the top.

Tom

Comment

Rock;

Looks like Lemon Yellow "Signals" on my screen.
      Dirk

Comment

Greetings All,

I vote signals too! I believe that this has been messed with in that it has Standard tabs, Slip-on boards, No dark green cuffs or cuff bars. Or is it a piped service dress tunic?

Fred

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Green View Post
          Greetings All,

I vote signals too! I believe that this has been messed with in that it has Standard tabs, Slip-on boards, No dark green cuffs or cuff bars. Or is it a piped service dress tunic?

Fred
          Oh yes, you are correct! Can you explain the differences for wear/regulation between a Waffenrock and a dress tunic?

William Kramer
          Last edited by all1knew; 06-29-2012, 11:44 AM.
          Please visit my site: https://wehrmacht-militaria.com/

Comment

It is signals, the badge award loops look very high as well. It may be restored or at least had the tabs and loops added. Hard to tell in the photos.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Green View Post
              Greetings All,

Fred
              Originally posted by all1knew View Post
              Oh yes, you are correct! Can you explain the differences for wear/regulation between a Waffenrock and a dress tunic?

William Kramer
              In my opinion, it is neither an (original) Waffenrock, nor an piped service dress Tunic (Feldbluse mit Vorstößen/geschmückte Feldbluse).

It is an wartime converted Waffenrock, used from the Ersatzheer.

Nightwish

Comment

It is not an early piped walking-out/service dress tunic. No turnback cuffs or pockets, etc. The waist seam makes it 100% waffenrock. Looks like it just had the sleeve cuffs removed. And the slip-on shoulder boards were added as well.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X