Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Officers Tab on Piece of HBT Collar

Hi Everyone,

I just got this piece in and thought it was interesting. The outer collar facing was once almost a bottle green, it can be seen when the edge is bent back. The branch piping is gray or the color is gone. It is all bullion embroidery. You can also see the collar was lined with a cardboard type of material.

Any input is welcome,
    Keith
    Attached Files

I have seen white piping turn this color on worn tabs.

Comment

Chris, Thanks for the quick reply.

Keith

Comment

Very nice, a "one looker."
        Esse Quam Videri

Comment

beautiful tab/cut off! I would say it is an Infantry that has tarnished/gotten a bit dirty over time. Matt

Comment

I think the top fabric is regular badge cloth, the base color is close to RH collars but in this case it maybe just heavily sun/UV faded from long term display.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny R View Post
              I think the top fabric is regular badge cloth, the base color is close to RH collars but in this case it maybe just heavily sun/UV faded from long term display.
              I think you right with Reichswehr tunic.

Here is a picture that shows that these tunics were worn by some officers even in 1941

Dated on the back

Comment

Here is a photo of the tab with the piece of collar bent back. The original color is almost a police blue/green in the natural light.

Keith
                Attached Files

Comment

Very nice! I bet it was a stunner when it was first produced. Matt

Comment

Yes, it is heavily faded. Probably from years of exposure to sun or bad lighting on display. I went to look at a collection for sale several years ago and the guy had several tunics on display and they all had horrible sun fading under the arms etc. after just 5 years of daily exposure.

Comment

Originally posted by naxos View Post
                      I think you right with Reichswehr tunic.

Here is a picture that shows that these tunics were worn by some officers even in 1941

Dated on the back

Neat pictures the 1920s style tunic is nice. Most of the collars were changed over to dark green circa 1934. Neat to see one that was not altered that late.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X