Stug Wrap with history

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MarkG View Post
    Incredible job and great to see it all nicely restored.
    You will be interested to know that I found some photos of your friend wearing his stug wrap around the time of Normandy. He originally had field grey panzer tabs with skulls attached. He later changed to the standard officer Litzen tabs. Might be worth asking him about this. Very interesting photos.

Mark
    Hi Mark

Thats correct, i have a pic where u can see that he is wearing a wrapper with skulltabs. I ask him how did you get wrappers and insignias. He told me that it was often the case that you get lost of tunics und your belongings during the war. You simply go to the Companie tailor and grap a new one. As officer you bought also good quality tunics from civil tailors (eg 4 Pocket tunics in his case) which he did in Paris

The last time that he lost almost all his tunics was in the normandie. He packet everthing in his suitcase so that it could be brought back, but the brits where faster. So maybe one of his tunics is in a UK collection ;-)))

Comment

This is just a fantastic thread, Shows that the gear is still out there, and items direct from the vet is just super!

Go's to show hard work can have its pay offs. and hell what a grouping! much better than anything from a website etc, as it has such a fantastic story to it!

I bet its something your will tresure for a very long time!

Kind regards and well done!

-R

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X