Heer Tunic??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heer Tunic??

I think this is a Fake? its not like any tunic I've seen the stamps are white and show no age. any opinions would be nice.

Original jacket,IMO...Just unissued.

Glenn
    "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

it's a untouched tunic !

Comment

Hi One thing that might be of consern to me would be that the infantry boards look a little more worn than the rest. Or is it just the picture? Best regards.

Comment

Originally posted by David Guist View Post
          Hi One thing that might be of consern to me would be that the infantry boards look a little more worn than the rest. Or is it just the picture? Best regards.
          yea and i think the chevron is a post war add???
          It just confused me because its Rbn marked.
          Also what type of material is it it doesn't look wool? Also I am not good with unissued items how much would this fetch.

Comment

Nice M42 HBT constructed tunic. The straps do look added as is probably the chevron.

Comment

Peter,

Its Hbt fabric (herring bone twill) and its a summer style tunic.

RbNr is not unusual and white is a common colour for stamps.RBNr,s were intoduced in 1942 and that fits perfectly with this being an M42 tunic.

Shoulder boards and chevron was most likely postwar added.

Comment

Don't judge something simply on the basis of condition. Just because something looks new and unissued doesn't necessarily mean it is a fake.

I like this piece...although I agree the Obergefreiter chevron & shoulder boards (though original) may well be post-war added. Too bad about the missing eagle as well.

Paul

Comment

An RBN marking is the norm on uniform garments made in 1943.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul McKee View Post
                    Don't judge something simply on the basis of condition. Just because something looks new and unissued doesn't necessarily mean it is a fake.

I like this piece...although I agree the Obergefreiter chevron & shoulder boards (though original) may well be post-war added. Too bad about the missing eagle as well.

Paul
                    I agree with Paul, you really need to look at it in hand, it could be all original, it may have been issued late in the War, the chevron sewn on and never worn. The boards are like car tires and can be easily changed etc. the question is always when were they put on etc. I like the stamps.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X