Smoke Troops Officer Collar Tabs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smoke Troops Officer Collar Tabs

Hello - I would like some opinions on these mint condition tabs. Very well made and from a reliable seller. While they do not "glow" under UV light, they are not entirely dead, either. I have a very strong mineral light and when I put it close to the tabs (1/2" away), there is some reaction. But I think maybe the UV light is so strong that there is some bounce back. From 3" away, there is no reaction.
    Attached Files

I think in this case, no news is good news. They really are well-made tabs.

Comment

I just looked at a pair of Smoke Troops shoulder boards, and I realize that these tabs are not the same color. The tabs are definitely purple - a really rare Waffenfarbe. (I even confirmed this with a few people since I am partially color blind.) This makes me even more concerned about authenticity.

The quality of workmanship is certainly above any repro tabs I have seen. This photo shows the only flaw - a little bit of separation between two of the bullion strands.
      Attached Files

Comment

I was traveling and missed these, IMO if they are original they are for a Protestant Chaplain, here is a mismatched pair for a Catholic Preist and Prewar Nebel.
        Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
        X