New/Old Pioneer tunic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New/Old Pioneer tunic

Here is an interesting story: This is my new tunic that I just got from a fellow Forum member from Australia. I first got this tunic for Christmas in 1965 from my Father. I had just started collecting and my Father, who is a WWII Vet, got this from a friend. He had brought it back from Germany during WWII. He said he had gotten it from a closet in a house. The German woman whose house it was told him that it was her husbands and he had been killed on the Russian front. I kept the tunic until 1997 and sold it through Manion's. I had always regretted selling it. About two years ago I was on the Forum and saw my tunic again. So, I wrote to the fellow member telling him about it and that if he ever sold it to consider selling it to me. Well, he agreed a couple weeks ago to sell it back to me and now it is back to where it all started.
    Dan 46
    Attached Files

Boards
    Attached Files

Comment

Here is the name in the tunic.Can anyone make out what it is?
      Attached Files

Comment

Here is a close up.I got it on Christmas 1975 not 65.
        Attached Files

Comment

Very nice, love the Spange / Ost ribbon setup!

Comment

Congratulations

It is very nice that you got it back

Juan

Comment

Dan - only too glad to re-unite you with this tunic - especially as it has so much meaning for you as a son and as a collector. Great to see it in such a good display as well!

To add a little more to this story, I picked up the tunic from Wright's militaria in Melbourne Australia back in 2001. I do not know how it came to be for sale there. This tunic got me into collecting pioneer uniforms (was my first tunic), and I have held on to it until recently. When Dan contacted me a while ago, I wasn't quite ready to let go of it, but now that my collection has advanced a little more, I was glad to get back in touch with Dan and work a deal out, seeing as it has much more meaning to him than to me.

This forum is a great place

Cheers,

BC

Comment

Thanks Brad for the kind words.Yes;this forum is great and to think that this tunic was our first tunic.Its like your first car.You never forget it.
                Happy Collecting,
                Dan46

Comment

Can anyone help with the name??Would like to do some research on this tunic.
                  Dan46

Comment

The name is very unusual so if someone like Naxos et al can read it we can go from there. If he was a reserve officer it can be difficult. I am glad you got it back. I sold a lot of items in 1991 I have never seen again and it makes me very sad I had to do that at the time.

Comment

Thanks Johnny,I'll wait for a reply.For those who wanted to know where I got the mannequin heads I sell them.If interested PM me.
                      Dan46

Comment

The name appears to be Classens -

Now, while Classen is a not an uncommon surname in Germany - Classens is.

Interesting is that the only Classens I can find are from Bonn, the same city the tunic was tailored.

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gustav_Classens

Comment

I did not find any matches in the Ranglisten. Sorry,

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X