New M36 tunic from SOS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New M36 tunic from SOS

I had asked about this same tunic previously but when I saw it at the SOS I knew I had to have it. I think the moleskin base material is better than some of the lesser quality wool EM/NCO tunics I have seen. I like the flatwire eagle which I usually see only on dress tunics. Need to buy some more medals and another ribbon bar to jazz it up now. I was thinking tombak SWB and GAB would look good.
    Attached Files

eagle
    Attached Files

Comment

dd
      Attached Files

Comment

strap
        Attached Files

Comment

ss
          Attached Files

Comment

Nice, early material...you don't see it that often...congratulations.

Comment

Andy,

Awesome looking tunic for sure! Great catch. Matt

Comment

Originally posted by Richard P View Post
                Nice, early material...you don't see it that often...
                I agree with that. Nice Jacket! It will look good with the medals on it, that's for sure!

Regards

Comment

This is the Reichsheer "summer" uniform "moleskin" material from the 1920s and early 1930s. It is used fairly often to make lightweight tunics like this. Yours is interesting with the sleeve extension. This is a really salty one that is almost white but yo ucan see the orginal color still on the inside like yours. Nice tunic,
                  Attached Files

Comment

Very nice tunic! Any issue markings? The material looks like summer weight from the photos. Mike.

Comment

Originally posted by 1corps View Post
                      Very nice tunic! Any issue markings? The material looks like summer weight from the photos. Mike.
                      Hi Mike,
                      No issue markings as with most tailor made pieces. I estimate the chest is 38" so a medium size one. Yes, summer weight but I think the material is better than HBT in terms of holding up to wear & tear in combat.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny R View Post
                        This is the Reichsheer "summer" uniform "moleskin" material from the 1920s and early 1930s. It is used fairly often to make lightweight tunics like this. Yours is interesting with the sleeve extension. This is a really salty one that is almost white but yo ucan see the orginal color still on the inside like yours. Nice tunic,
                        Nice one Johnny! Yours has the real French cuffs while mine has sleeve extensions but not true French cuffs. Mine has some sun fading when looking at the material under the pocket flaps. Thanks to all for the positive comments.

Comment

Originally posted by tropenmilitaria View Post
                          Hi Mike,
                          No issue markings as with most tailor made pieces. I estimate the chest is 38" so a medium size one. Yes, summer weight but I think the material is better than HBT in terms of holding up to wear & tear in combat.
                          I agree. A better grade than later war varieties. Very nice and thanks for sharing! Mike.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X