Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HBT Tunic Opinions

Hello,

Just wondering if I could get your guys' opinions on this tunic. I think the tunic itself looks like an honest piece. Looks like early breast eagle reapplied, but post-war or not? The shoulder boards also seem a bit out of character with the rest of the tunic.

very unusual with pleated pockets and 6 button front. Never seen another one....

Comment

Originally posted by John Huff View Post
      very unusual with pleated pockets and 6 button front. Never seen another one....
      your right John it looks like they might have been added on after note how they run into the pocket itself i thought they were usually cut flush with the pocket interesting or am i going blind imo the tabs are replaced as well looks like i seen the original stiching plus new thread on the reapplied tabs under the collar
      Give a man an opinion and you feed him for a day,
      teach a man to use the "search" function on the WAF and you feed him for a lifetime.

Comment

Originally posted by John Huff View Post

Seller claims personal added touches to the tunic addition of poppers to the top pocket flaps to keep them from curling and hold them flat ,and the addition of a collar tab to the underside of the collar to hold the collar up in cold drafty periods

Comment

The collar tabs could have been moved when the NCO tress was added which might account for the new thread? I would like to see better pictures of the eagle. The sewing looks sort of funny.

Still a neet alteration of the pockets.

V/R Steve

Comment

1st pattern HBT had pleated pockets and 6 button front but scalloped pockets admittedly.

Looks like an M43 HBT with modifications.

Comment

Why not, neat modifacation. The boards you will never know but it looks like a original tunic. A closer look is needed to tell if the insignia is postwar replaced but it looks good so far.

Comment

Mmm!!!

Hi,
                This is an odd one, which with its pleated pockets it should have scalloped flaps, but also it should have bellows/bag lower pockets, or so I think.

JerryB

Comment

nice colour n texture to hbt. imo gbrjr item (neck buton n strap to collar close) plus replaced early heer breast eagle.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X