Some misc. Panzer stuff for review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some misc. Panzer stuff for review

Well Its about time i ran across a little something... I was starting to get worried! Its probably all fake, but at least I got that "Relic find rush" for a minute!

Up for review... Tabs, boards, buttons and the skull please.

Also even if they are fake could you guys please tell me exactly what I have here.
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

The Hussar/1st pattern skull is the only item that may be SS

Comment

i'm Terribly sorry. Moderator, please delete and i'll repost in correct place. I thought the tabs and boards were panzer.

Comment

Hello,

While I can't comment on the skulls, the straps appear to be Luft EM Artillery on my monitor.

Best regards,
                        Richard

Comment

The collar tabs are Luftwaffe field division artillery, could be period enhanced with panzer skulls (mechanized artillery or Stug...unofficial practice?)
                          Not sure if these are real though... these should have had LW rank Gulls on them...
                          The shoulder straps are luftwaffe flak or in this case LW field division artillery when matched with the tabs and the eagle would belong to the "group", all related to LW.
                          The loose skull is either a cavalry traditions skull or early SS (depending on the jaw...would need to check references)
                          and the green tab with white numerals is totally unrelated and belongs to SA.
                          Last edited by NickG; 07-14-2009, 11:59 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the info. The tabs, boards, and buttons were a group, everything else was from a different source.

So what do ya think.... keep em or send em back???

Comment

Originally posted by mackadoo View Post
                              Thanks for the info. The tabs, boards, and buttons were a group, everything else was from a different source.

So what do ya think.... keep em or send em back???
                              I think you did OK on all of these, but it depends on 2 things,
                              (1) if the tabs are real (the rest appears to be OK) and (2) what you paid for it all. (risk factor)
                              If there are no signs of rank gulls prior to the skulls being added (and it appears that way) these are unissued LW field division tabs (rare) with added Pzr skulls...
                              but when was it done? The panzer skulls that were added to the tabs look OK to me, so its an interesting combination and at least part of it is real!

Do a search under "LW field division" and you will find other similar collar tabs to compare these with (of course with rank gulls, not skulls)
                              Last edited by NickG; 07-13-2009, 06:59 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X