Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by derka View Post
    re,

thanks for the precision/goldgelb, Jacques.
    so imo, the correct colour for krad. is what you call brown with red tone.
    here is an example, unworn, natural light :

derka
    One similar to your signal blitz is being sold as DAK motorised infantry, while these slides which to me looks similar to the pre 1936 signals board posted, are described as recon. This one is what I called the brown with the yellow tone.
    Attached Files

Comment

Browns

Greetings lieproo,

Thanks for the correction. I always thought that the early signal color was light brown. As we can see by Vizenz's Nachrichten board, the difference between Light brown and brown are in the eye of the beholder.

I would suspect that the colors would have been more standardized/uniform in the Reichsheer due to the limited size.

Fred

Comment

Originally posted by jacquesf View Post
        One similar to your signal blitz is being sold as DAK motorised infantry, while these slides which to me looks similar to the pre 1936 signals board posted, are described as recon. This one is what I called the brown with the yellow tone.
        The DAK Motorized Inf wore various shades of green from Light (Jager) Green, to Meadow Green and of course Resada green as well, but not Copper Brown.
        Due to shortages anything close would do in Afrika. Some photos display at least two shades on a single soldat, sometimes the two boards would be different shades even.

The slide with the Brown/ Yellow tone displayed is the copper brown imho.

with regards
        Tim

Comment

Browns

Greetings All,

Here are some brown DAK signal blitzes. The dark color brown I equate with copper brown and the light color brown as light brown.

Fred
          Attached Files

Comment

Here is Copper brown on a K16 board.
            Steve
            Attached Files

Comment

There were neither signals units or Krad with that designator reported in Tessin so the 135 slides would appear to be Bau.

Comment

Hi Fred

Great Blitz display and i need to rethink this copper vs brown, looks like i got Jacques slide mixed up.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Green View Post
                  Greetings lieproo,

Thanks for the correction. I always thought that the early signal color was light brown. As we can see by Vizenz's Nachrichten board, the difference between Light brown and brown are in the eye of the beholder.

I would suspect that the colors would have been more standardized/uniform in the Reichsheer due to the limited size.

Fred
                  YOU ARE 100% CORRECT MY FRIEND

Comment

braun for bau :

derka

Comment

this one on Bob Edward's website,
                      kupferbraun for krad.

http://www.battlebornbooks.com/Trans...Sale/CB01s.jpg

derka

Comment

I have taken this pic from Galizien's thread, because I think it is nicely representative of the three shades of brown we have seen. I am now even more confused as to what each represent. Any care to provide a summary? Based on the discussion this far, Top to bottom
                        a= kradschutzen
                        b= bau
                        c= bau/early signals pre37/recon??
                        Attached Files

Comment

I suspect like the "Green Problem" there is not real answer and over time the colors have faded or darkened etc. The unissued Krad board I posted is a shot taken in daylight with no flash. The board on the left is the true color of the board on my screen. It is a brighter yellow red brown. The Bau is red brown. I think looking for one color for each branch is a never ending quest unless there is an (accurate) color chart from the War.

Comment

re,

as we talk about kupferbraun, i have a question :
                            acording regulations orders, the gothic "K" letter on shoulder straps should be found only with pink/rosa and grass green/wiesengrûn waffenfarben, in both cases with arabic number of unit below.
                            the "K" shouldn't be found on kupferbraun piped shoulder straps, only number of unit or nothing on them.
                            the only letter possible for kupferbraun piped shoulder straps, during the period summer 1939/autumn 1941, is a "A" for aufklarung.
                            i would be pleased to have your opinions and comments about this point.
                            derka

Comment

Some units also wore Kav Yellow after brown was introduced. He is an Early War or Prewar example for Kradschutz Abt. 6 which was formed from Kavallerie-Schützen-Regiment 4.

Many units appear to have disregarded the regulations and wore waffenfarbe based on the unit lineage throughout the War.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by jhodgson View Post
                                I suspect like the "Green Problem" there is not real answer and over time the colors have faded or darkened etc.... I think looking for one color for each branch is a never ending quest unless there is an (accurate) color chart from the War.
                                "Some units also wore Kav Yellow after brown was introduced."

Agree about "Green problem" comparison. And the 3rd AA Bn DAK was overun by the NZ Div near Sidi Rezegh Late Nov '41, at which time some straps and caps had the Copper but also the Gold/Yellow and even a few pink as well....Again shortages in Afrika made for anything goes.

And Derka

Its possible that the K or A could just be added (from the old straps) when the unit received the copper replacements, or even added postwar.

Tim

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X