EspenlaubMilitaria

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Experts on Wehrmacht General ranks --- please share you knowledge...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Johnny R View Post
    I have never heard of or seen regulations made after the 1944 ones posted above. ... I have never seen Generals tabs in branch colors aside from the branches outlined in the above 1944 regulations.
    Johnny, Wasn't thinking there were regulations after 44 relating to General's tab colors. Was wondering if there was information out there, prior to the issuance of the regulation, in industry publications, that related to the 'future' criteria to be covered by the aforementioned regulation.

An interesting sidebar to Kurt's photo is it seems that even the General's breast eagle is backed with grey badge cloth-compared to the dark green of the collar and then the tone of the tabs which might be inferred to illustrate there was movement to draw a line between Generals of the combat services and those in positions of administration or non-combat arms...

Rick

Comment

I would not infer anything from that about meaning of things like that, we do not know. Like other branches etc I think they are just matching the collar collars and piping colors etc. with the eagle backing for a uniform appearance.

All this stuff is in wartime regulations but outside of German publications there is almost no information.

I have a full set of Uniformen-Markt and have not seen anything like that in there but have not read everything. Usually articles on changes came out at the same time as regulations were changed or after they were changed.

This would be the coloring for the Generals tabs in the image. This tab is for Oberst and below in high grade for Wartime/Military Officials-
      Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Today.

Working...
      X