Tunic opinion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tunic opinion?

I have a chance to buy this tunic from a small local museum.Is this the correct collar & shoulder board combination?It is a parade tunic of administration.
    Dan46

Pic1
    Attached Files

Comment

From what I can see, it does look like a non standard Admin tunic. I would love to see more images. The boards are LW Admin. Also, the collar tab configuration is not what I have seen on Admin tunics(they usually have the outer three sided piping). Despite these irregularities, I feel that it could very well be legit!

Again, I would need more images...

Comment

Paul,
        He told me it was a General staff officer tunic when he first open the museum and i told him what i thought it was and he changed the tag on it.He wants 1,500 with the belt.Is this a rare tunic and a fair price?
        Dan46
        Attached Files

Comment

Dan46,

An unusual tunic you posted. I have never seen that combination of collar tabs and shoulder boards before. The green piping on your tunic appears to be much too green for admin staff. Take a look at the pics I posted for comparison.

Mark
          Attached Files
          Last edited by MLH13; 12-27-2008, 06:39 PM.

Comment

Collar tabs on a higher ranking Admin Waffenrock.
            Attached Files

Comment

The cuff tabs...
              Attached Files

Comment

The museum definitely has the badges wrong, that is, this man would not have a Luftwaffe Ground Assault Badge on his tunic.

Bob

Comment

I would look to see if there was an any indication of an edelweiss on the sleeve. I agree it is very light for admin. Is there any info on the curators tag as to when and from who they got it from?

Comment

I know I spotted that right away Bob;but the guy running the place doesn't know that;and already pointed that out to him.From what i have read bright red piping is for military area administration.Is this tunic good or what?
                    Thanks for all the help I can get.
                    Dan46

Comment

You really need to look it over, later in the War sometimes the green braid and the HV devices were removed from the boards after the shift to TSD but most often the TSD device was applied.

Comment

Here is one of mine, they may not have wanted to replace the earlier board or could not get TSD boards etc. It is rare to see but did occur but that still leaves the other questions.
                        Attached Files

Comment

I will go back tomorrow and see if he will let me take it off the torso and look it over for tailor label and etc.I will take more photos.
                          Dan46

Comment

I agree with Paul, boards are Luftwaffe and the tabs almost look like they could be NVA. As stated, the green piping and backing to the tabs is to light, and there should be green piping in the middle of the litzen on the tabs, those appear silver or white. Not like any HV combination I have ever seen.

Comment

Thanks guys for all the feedback.I'm going to pass on this one.
                              Dan46

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X