Afrika cufftitle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Afrika cufftitle

Fifteen years ago I fortuitously came by this cufftitle . Recently I chanced upon it setting in order militaria . Its shape intrigued me , so I started doing research . I have found nothing similar in various threads of the site , on the contrary in a set concerning a DAK soldier I have come across an odd shaped cufftitle .
    My cufftitle , 40 cm long , is in cotton gabardine , inside there is a prop of grey-green cloth and something like a buttonhole . The embroidery is hand made and makes use , as customery, of a reference frame .
    I ask your expert advice in order to know whether this is of tailoring manifacture (private purchase) or a cheap fake .
    Many thanks
    gio
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by ScottPritchett
            There is a small chance your question can ever be answered definitively that it is an original. The cufftitle is, as you note, completely non-standard. If an original, it was almost certainly privately made - making it somewhat of a one-of-a-kind item. Without some solid provenence (such as a photo of the exact cufftitle in wear), the call on it will be largely up to each individual collector.
            Thank you for your qualifying statement . I realize that lacking objective data it's impossible to come to a final attribution .

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X