No announcement yet.

Don’t let the label fool you

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jeff you are missing the point. Nothing wrong with this tailor. It appears there are loose tags floating around and they are being reapplied in tunics and yes they a machine sewn in. Trust me the 2 I looked at are put together. The 2 on Charlie site are bad to the bone so I am not sure what you are talking about?

Comment

I saw the tunics at the website and I do have concerns about the label. I think that for high end tunic, a good provenance is a must. I guess I would need to be careful inspecting How labes are stitched to the tunic

thanks

Juan

Comment

Maybe an illustration is best here. To the left the arrow points to the old stitch holes from the tunics original tag. The top arrow points to the only area you need to cut open to machine stitch the tag on. This gets you under the lining. Pretty easy work.
        Attached Files

Comment

NTZ/John: Ok, I understand now. We are on the"same sheet of music." I concur with what you were saying. I misunderstood the previous threads regarding the sewing.

reference labels, besides checking for resewing of lables, I also look at: 1) the wear for consistency, how is it sewn on, (e.g. the label on the coat itself - quality of attaching the label if its hand sewn, is there a shadow of a previous label. 2) doe the tailor location make sense if its a tunic that has regimental #s - was the unit stationed nearby; 3) typed name, vs handwritten - is the handwritten actually done by a German during that period or someone trying to re-create the script, look how the #s are written. These are all clues I take in consideration when analyzing a tunic.

For example, I have my doubts of the first pic that the Oberst name written in the tunic was written by a European. MLH13' tunic' label writing is a "one looker" as far as the label writing. The humped up general tunic w/written name of oberst I would have to look at a lot closer.

Regards,
          Jeff

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X