KM reefer jacket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KM reefer jacket

Did anyone check on this on ebay recently? According to the seller it's private purchased, I think it looks quite good from outside but the liner is a little bit unusual. Is it a good one?

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...ies%26_fvi%3D1

Looks like it could be a good tunic? Hard to tell with private purchase tunics, could be early east german. Is there remains of an eagle?

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by airborne_steve View Post
      Looks like it could be a good tunic? Hard to tell with private purchase tunics, could be early east german. Is there remains of an eagle?

Steve
      It saids 'Eagle is gone, but you can see the area where it was'.

Comment

East German tunics had 4 sets of buttons/buttonholes, not 5. Also, boards look original, badge loops are ww2 period braid. Nice set.

Comment

Usually in the Kriegsmarine reefer jackets you find two rows of 5 buttons, with 4 buttoned and 1 unbuttoned, but you can find reefer jackets of 5 buttoned as this one, but it's really rare and I have seen only 1 or 2 in all these years.

Shoulders are original but are replaced IMO. I agree with Gerard about the badge loops. You can see a linning inside the collar, rare ???

So a WW2 original?, not sure but I'm not very confortable with it.
          Last edited by km-spain; 12-24-2008, 05:41 AM.
          Collector of Kriegsmarine and Küstenartillerie items

Regards
          Eduardo

Collecting Kriegsmarine !!!: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=725610

sigpic "Deutsche Kriegsmarine"

Comment

I agree that the lining is a bit strange, but I really like this tunic. The loops look great and the fabric quality is what I like to see. Perhaps tailored in an occupied country like France or Holland. I agree with km-spain about the scarcity of 5 fully functional buttons, but I have had these before and would be glad to have this one.
            Leroy

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X