Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reused schiffchen portrait

Hello,
    here is a portrait of a soldier wearing a no german field cap; which kind of cap is it? The tunic also looks not to be a German production.

thanks
    Gustavo
    Attached Files

Czech or Dutch manufacture I believe.

Glenn
    Last edited by Glenn McInnes; 12-18-2008, 07:07 PM.
    "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

Hi Gustavo, I agree with Glenn on the cap being Czech. I have a similar one in my collection.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

tunic looks like pre war austian

Comment

His tunic is also Dutch?
          Last edited by Johnny R; 12-18-2008, 07:07 PM.

Comment

Actually you may be right the pockets are higher than the Dutch tunics usally are, it could otherwise be Czech?
            Attached Files

Comment

I am positive the hat is Czech mfg,so I guess it stands to reason that the jacket probably is as well,thought it just might be Dutch (the jacket)

Glenn
              "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

Cap is Czech, tunic most likely also Czech (because of the cap) but maybe pre-war AUstrian, they also had bellowed chest pockets...!
                Definately not Dutch as Dutch chest pockets are always internal! (flaps showing only)
                Here's a recent thread showing such conversions;
                http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...light=austrian

Last edited by NickG; 12-19-2008, 12:19 AM.

Comment

Thanks to everybody for the answers; so the cap should be definetly czech and the tunic also; I don't belive the tunic to be austrian as I am used to see austrian made tunics like the one that the below posted soldier is wearing;

Nick G. thank you for the link

Gustavo
                  Attached Files

Comment

There are two different types of Austrian tunics, one like the last photo you posted and another like the first image. I think the first tunic is Czech. We had an interesting thread on this subject.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...czech+austrian

Comment

[QUOTE=jhodgson;2993683]There are two different types of Austrian tunics, one like the last photo you posted and another like the first image

Yes, there are more version of austrian tunics, but I think that the second type you speak about (shown in the thread you and Nick posted) could be a first world war pattern. Here is also a similar uniform: look at the soldier on the right with scalloped flaps.

thanks for your inputs

Gustavo
                      Attached Files

Comment

Here is another similar tunic worn by a very young soldier: look at the way the schoulder boards are applied,

Gustavo
                        Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X