BrunoMado

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Panzer Jacke / Tank Wrapper M44: Authentic in all parts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panzer Jacke / Tank Wrapper M44: Authentic in all parts?

Hi folks,

what do you think about my "panzer jacke"? Is it an authentic one in all parts? What´s your opinion about the sewing? Authentic or modern?

Thank you in anticipation!

Regards from Bavaria!

Markus

more pictures

more pictures

Comment

From the limited photos, the jacket itself looks OK, but the insignia looks post war applied, in my opinion.

-Gerard

Comment

Originally posted by Gerard/Relic Hunter View Post
        From the limited photos, the jacket itself looks OK, but the insignia looks post war applied, in my opinion.

-Gerard
        If you need more photos feel free to ask.

Any more opinions...?

Comment

I agree with Gerard that basic jacket looks good. Very unusual to see wool-piped insignia at this stage but I like the shape, construction and location of the tabs. I'd expect to see a machine sewn national emblem also on this later piece. A close up shot of the tab piping and perhaps a couple of the buttons in natural light would help me.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Davis View Post
            I agree with Gerard that basic jacket looks good. Very unusual to see wool-piped insignia at this stage but I like the shape, construction and location of the tabs. I'd expect to see a machine sewn national emblem also on this later piece. A close up shot of the tab piping and perhaps a couple of the buttons in natural light would help me.
            Here some new photos. I hope they will help you to come to a decision.

Comment

I can't make a judgment on the insignia based on the new photos either. All I can say is that this style of piping is a type with which I am unfamilar. I'd want to have it in hand. Perhaps someone else can help. Good luck.

Comment

hello,

just an observation,
                the condition of tk's doesn't seem to match logicaly with the minty condition of this wrapper.
                is there visible "shadow" of tk's printed on colar tabs ?
                and would it be possible to have a wiew of the entire reverse colar ?

regards
                derka

Comment

Original wrap IMO Insigna is good too but I can't tell you without an in-hand inspection if is originally applied.
                  Nice tunic
                  Luca
                  Siam fatti cosi!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Davis View Post
                    I can't make a judgment on the insignia based on the new photos either. All I can say is that this style of piping is a type with which I am unfamilar. I'd want to have it in hand. Perhaps someone else can help. Good luck.
                    I agree.

I'm not a fan of late war wraps, but that is just a personal preference. The piping on the tabs and straps seems the same too me, so if one is good or bad so is the other. The piping apears to be felt over a core. Felt is different from wool badge cloth which is actually woven instead of just pressed. I have seen a fair amount of felt used in lieu of woven badge on original insignia...I can not recall seeing it on PZ but that means nothing.

I can not rule out period applied insignia just from the photos. The eagle looks to be all hand sewn, some may say this should never be on a factory issue wrap, but I will not go that far.

The lining looks to be more like the pre 42/43 type lining material rather than the tropical left over material often seen on 44 dated wraps...maybe some of the early stuff was left over..who knows....this late war stuff has a lot of possible combinations.

I will say that a lot...most all...of the Janke wraps being made 25 years ago used a very similar material. The boards look to be backed with the same material as well...so given the piping matching the tabs and backing matching the lining it would seem to be all or nothing on this wrap.

Comment

Originally posted by phild View Post
                      I agree.

The lining looks to be more like the pre 42/43 type lining material rather than the tropical left over material often seen on 44 dated wraps...maybe some of the early stuff was left over..who knows....this late war stuff has a lot of possible combinations.

I will say that a lot...most all...of the Janke wraps being made 25 years ago used a very similar material. The boards look to be backed with the same material as well...so given the piping matching the tabs and backing matching the lining it would seem to be all or nothing on this wrap.

I do not know much about Janke wraps, but the lining material seems to be the same like in one of my wraps.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X