Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some general questions on tunics

Gentlemen,
    Firstly could you please help me with sizing comparisons printed on the inside of tunics as I dont think im getting it quite right.
    Secondly, do you wear gloves whilst handling your tunics, leather field equipment, helmets etc and,
    Finally for now, if you were to purchase an uncut/unissued Bevo breast eagle is that the way you would keep it ie in an album or is it allowable to afix it to a tunic?
    Thank you,
    Brad

Hi Brad -

I'll defer to the guys who are more knowledgeable about the size stampings on that issue, but in regards to your other questions, it is more one of personal choice. Some members would never reattach insignia to a tunic, some will hve no problem with it so long as it is original insignia and does not constitute a postwar "promotion" or upgrade.

As for gloves, I personally do not, but I know some members who do, particularly with high-end medals and badges.

Don

Comment

uniform size

Hello Brad

There is a search function on this forum (if you hadn't spotted it yet.)

texwiller started a thread titled "uniform size" among the postings (at the end I think) is one from pzrwest who has a link to dererstezug's explanation of the size markings..

If you're like me you'll forget the meaning of the numbers and think "I should've written that down."

I still haven't!

cheers

Mike

Comment

Thanks Mike,
        I had done a couple of searches and was supprised not have had any thing come up. Even with 'uniform size' nothing showed however a search under texwiller's ID got me to where I wanted to be.
        I have saved the link as well.
        Cheers,
        Brad

Comment

I see no problem with affixing an Eagle to a tunic, providing I'm using the correct aged Eagle. Though one can always see that it has been reapplied as even with wartime linen thread it will always show "newer" then the rest of the thread on the tunic itself. In addition it will either been hand done (no on wartime issued ones) or machine done that will go through the lining, (again a no-no, except for the very late M43 and M44 tunics)

Comment

If you check my profile then click find all my posts you will find what you are looking for may take some time but it's there

Comment

Originally posted by M44 Breadbag View Post
              I see no problem with affixing an Eagle to a tunic, providing I'm using the correct aged Eagle. Though one can always see that it has been reapplied as even with wartime linen thread it will always show "newer" then the rest of the thread on the tunic itself. In addition it will either been hand done (no on wartime issued ones) or machine done that will go through the lining, (again a no-no, except for the very late M43 and M44 tunics)
              If I was to aquire one of these, see link,

http://www.germanwarbooty.com/cloth%20c747.htm

trim it and place it on a (good quality) repo M36 tunic until I could get hold of an original tunic (if ever) would that be ok or would that be a crime?
              It would be very well done and be able to be removed undamaged.
              Trying to learn and not peev people off. I am doing quite a bit of reading here.
              Brad

Comment

Originally posted by Brad G View Post
                Gentlemen,
                Firstly could you please help me with sizing comparisons printed on the inside of tunics as I dont think im getting it quite right.
                Good site:
                http://www.uniformsandtraditions.com...potstamps.html

Comment

execllent link

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X