MilitaryStockholm

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need rank identification for this photo ASAP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need rank identification for this photo ASAP!

Dear Fellow collectors,

I need your help to identify the correct rank for the shoulder board of the man holding the clipboard. Someone told me they think it's the NCO equivalent of a beamten. I need to have this clarified right away for a book caption.
    Thanks.

best regards,
    Remy
    Attached Files

Gr******252;******223; Gott Remy,

Looks like a Heereswerkmeister (Oberfeldwebel equivalent NCO in charge of an Army Workshop) with the "HV" cypher for Heeresverwaltung (Army Administration).

Comment

Rank title . . .

Hi Remy,

The previous poster was correct.

The Official in the photo would properly be called a:

Kriegsverwaltungsassistent, Kriegswerkmeister.

This pattern of insignia was adopted in 1940.

Source:

Uniformen der Deutschen Wehrmacht
      Eberhard Hettler
      Uniformen-markt Verlag Otto Dietrich, BErlin
      Copyright 1939, Printed in Germany

Comment

Thanks for the speedy reply! I'm glad to see that both of you came to the same conclusion. I feel confident now that we have the correct information. Thanks again for your help.

best regards,
        Remy

Comment

attached are boards I use to own (shown in the new Waffenrock book I believe)
          Attached Files

Comment

lower rank as well
            Attached Files

Comment

Here is the actual caption. Does it sound correct based on the information provided by Patrick and Diane? Let me know either way. Thanks.

best regards,
              Remy

Caption for the photo I posted.

A typical repair scene on the Eastern Front shows the normal conditions of
              outdoor maintenance. While the mechanic at the right works on the final
              drive, one of GD’s numerous administrative officials, a Kriegsverwaltungsassistent
              (Army Administration Assistant) with the rank of Heereswerkmeister, supervises.

Comment

Gr******252;******223; Di' Remy,

Sounds like a good caption to me! Wasn't this photo used in your pervious GD book?

Comment

Thanks Patrick,

Yes it is the caption from my book "God Honor, Fatherland". We are going to release it again and I needed to fix a few mistakes we made in the first edition. We had the wrong rank for this caption and someone pointed this out to us. So now it is correct!

best regards,
                  Remy

Comment

hello,

another illustration of the use of those particular shoulder boards :

Tiger I maintenance.

regards
                    derka

Comment

HV troop

Here are a cpl pics of a dear friend who passed away a few years ago. He was with the Potsdam Panzer Regiment. You can see the HV shoulder board in the frist pic and the unit badge on the side of his m43 cap. His name was Frank X. Gregor. He held his rank due to the fact of his technical ability. Not sure what the HV rank is for the equivalent of Ober Lt. The piping on the shoulder boards was black and the HV dark green

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X