Buttons - Real or Repro?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buttons - Real or Repro?

I'm not very experienced with German uniform buttons so I need a hand with these ones.

What do you guys think? To me, it looks like the 'detail' isn't there. No buttons have any type of writing or anything on the back. And what *is* that button on the lower left? Also, if genuine, what are they worth? I want to make a fair offer to the guy...

Thanks in advance,
    Rob in Lynchburg
    "Radiation Shield Since 1998"
    sparkchaser@lynchburg.net
    AOL IM: sparkchaser1998
    Visit My Collection of Collections Site - A site by a collector for collectors
    http://collectionofcollections.jumphobbies.com

"Copy from one, it's plagiarism; copy from two, it's research." - Wilson Mizner

[ 10 August 2001: Message edited by: sparkchaser ]

Here's buttons I have...the RZM mark's Z isn't crossed...a sure fake according to some sources...but then why would they (makers) waste time to put the downward stroke on the top of the 7 in M5/71? hmm...
    thoughts? front seems way too shiney to me but then ...

[ 10 August 2001: Message edited by: Jason Hlavacek ]

Comment

Rob, based on handling many many RZM items, the grey buttons are reproductions, likely cast from an original front. Original buttons were not made this way during the III Reich.
      The gold button that Jason pictures is original. There are many original RZM marked items without the line through the Z.
      Erich
      Festina lente!

Comment

Rob: the button on the lower left is not a Nazi item. The swastika was a popular decorative motif in the Art Deco period, 1920s-30s, & appears on jewelry & all sorts of items that are often falsely offered as Nazi German. Jason, the 7 is still commonly crossd in Europe today, but today the Z is not always given the extra stroke. Aside from that i can't comment, except that i've never seen any Nazi eagle that looked like that (looks more like an American Art Deco eagle.) What organization is this button supposed to belong to?

Comment

The gold button was used for the political leader's tunic and brownshirt. As noted, it's original.
          Erich
          Festina lente!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X