Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Luftwaffe Officer's Peaked Cap

Hi Guys

I have been offered a Luftwaffe Officer's peaked cap and have a have a few questions which I would appreciate some feedback on...

(1) The insignia (bullion eagle and wings with metal cockade) are all hand stitched to the cap. The stitching goes right through the white inside lining. Has anyone come across an original piece with the stitching going right through the lining ? All of the caps I have seen (which is not a heck of a lot) have had the stitching hidden behind the lining.

(2) The peak (black both topside and underside) does not have the additional piece stitched onto the front end, but rather a raised lip which is an integral part of the peak. Is this OK ? The Luftwaffe ones I have seen all have an additional piece stitched onto the front of the peak.

(3) The sweatband of the cap is not leather, but seems to be a type of coated fabric - light tan in colour ???

Thanks

Alf

Greetings Alf!
    No picture so is hard to judge. However, far too many unusual aspects to this visor for my liking. I would pass if it were offered to me.

Best regards,
    Bill

Comment

The stitching should not be through the lining. Bullion eagle/metal cockade? Doesn't sound right....
      Some visors had no front strip or had it removed. That's no big concern. From your description I would pass...

Comment

Hello Alf,
        I'm a Luftwaffe collector for a long time and will give you a reaction.
        (1)I happen to have a 100% LW officers cap that has the insignia all stiched through the liner.
        (2)The peak (black both topside and underside)with raised lip is OK,probably late war,looks a bit like a peak of a Army cap.I have a cap with that kind of visor and it's a original one.
        (3)Probably because it's a "cheap" version.
        Ofcourse I can not say the cap is original but all things you've mentioned doesn't make it a fake.
        Good Luck!
        Regards,
        Jos.

Comment

Hi Alf -

The two main worries I would have (and it doesn't mean it's a fake) is the army-style visor and the insignia sewn through. I've never seen one with a metal cocade, but it's not beyond the realm of possibility. It's probably late war if original. Any maker's marks?

Don

Comment

...or even better, some pics, inside/outside/close up.
            Friendly
            François
            Collection : http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=807895

Comment

Hi Guys

Thanks a stack for your replies

No maker's marks at all on this one Don !

I will be taking some close up photographs of the item which I will post on the site for everyone to have a look at.

I look forward to your replies once you have seen them.

Keep well

Alf

Comment

Hello Alf,
                To see some shots of wings with metal cockade
                you have to look at the pictures of Karl Rammelt http://www.authenticmilitaria.com/pe...os/german3.htm
                and Otto Deschloch http://www.authenticmilitaria.com/pe...os/german4.htm
                I also have a picture for you of the peaked cap with raised lip if you want it.
                I can't find your e-mail address but you can e-mail me your address if you want.

Regards,
                Jos.

Comment

Good Morning Guys

Thanks for those links wespennest !!!!

Photo's will be forthcoming soon guys. Please be patient.

Cheers

Alf

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X