• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

opinions about waffenrock

Could I please have your opinions about this waffenrock

Comment

Comment

So far, it seems to be a beautiful example of a NAMED Heer Infantry private waffenrock! I like the officer's style eagle. Are there any signs of this being a replaced eagle? I cannot see any signs of replacement from the photos!

I love it!

Regards
        Paul

Comment

Hi Chico -

Overall it looks like a nice early 'Rock - check to see if the eagle has been resewn as Paul suggests - it is rare to see officer quality birds on a lowly Gefreiter tunic, but it certainly is possible.

Don

Comment

Looks like a nice quality tunic. I like it Even if bird is replaced I don't think it would hurt the value to any great extent.

Best,
            Richard

Comment

I don't think it is possible to say with certainty if the eagle has been replaced or not. I agree in this case that the value of this beautiful Waffenrock is not affected much by the hand-sewn eagle, we can only guess at when it was applied and opinions as to originality are subjective when it comes to these neatly hand sewn eagles.

Comment

Thanks for your help

Comment

Lots of information on the buttons and shoulder boards to investigate unit histories. I would! Nice tunic for sure.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X