Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Russian Markings on German Tunic?

Hi,
    I was curious about something, I have a Tunic which is original no problem but it has ink stamps on the right side of the liner. They are a number and a square with a word no longer legible. The letters appear Russian. Dont they use a different alphabet 'cryllic' or something. Anyhow are there items coming out of the Eastern Bloc that were in musuems/displays etc if so are they being sold by the authorities or stolen by 'entrepeuners'. I have seen a few for sale most people would think oh its from a musuem its 100% original is this the case. Could these markings be theatrical. Any sensible comments would be appreciated.
    cheers Robert
    Attached Files

Such markings could be museum or theatrical inventory stamps from several sources (the former U.S.S.R. and satelite nations). They are also now being added by fakers to further enhance their wares...

Comment

Hi, IMO this tunic comes from a Soviet film studio. This is a property/inventory stamp from such a studio. SO.....FILM. Don't know for the beginning of the word, but for sure it ends with ...FILM, typical marking for the Soviet film studios. Like SOYUZMULTFILM /Soviet cartoons studio/. Seems after the war the tunic found its way to one of the USSR movie studios.
      The World Needs Peace

Interesting photo archive: http://www.lostbulgaria.com

Comment

Yes. this stamp from film studio.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X