Help ID piped Litzen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help ID piped Litzen

I came across this tunic on e-stand recently and took it home. It looks like a privately-purchased M1927, as seen in the new Schlicht & Kraus book, but with a bottle green collar, mirror-finished buttons and shallower false turn-back cuffs. The part that intrigues me is the piped Litzen, which looks to be original to the tunic (size, fit, stitching, wear, etc.). It seems to be missing the two Litzenspiegel, but with an extra thick Mittelstreife, so that there really isn't any room for the Litzenspiegel within the standard width of the lace. I have not been able to find any reference for this pattern. Is this a transitional form? Civilian? Non-German? Knowing what it is would probably tell me what the tunic itself is. Thanks in advance for any insight! Gene T

Uniform ID . . .

Hi,

Can you post the rest of the uniform details - especially the shoulder boards. What color is the piping? It looks orange on my monitor.

Diane

Comment

Thanks for looking, Diane! The piping is actually red (it was bad lighting that made it look orange). The boards are plain jane slip-on matte silver artillery. The seller believed that they are not original to the tunic. I have no reason to disbelieve that. Here are a few more photos of the tunic. The only markings are shown in the last photo, on the lining outside the internal breast pocket. It seems to be "WA" over a number (?? 55?).

Thanks for any help!

Comment

Just my observations. Post WW1/ pre Nazi era officer tunic redone at some point into a wartime uniform. Looks like the middle stripe of the litzen was darker at one time to more match the collar tap facing. The litzen itself made of one strip of material, cut , folded and stitched to shape.The collar tabs look almost homemade. The buttons remind me of pre-WW1 style. My guess is a wartime upgrade. The shoulder boards are Officer, right? You should, as Diane recommended take more interior and general pictures of your tunic. Good luck.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X