Early style tunic info.???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Early style tunic info.???

Hi, I'm trying to dig up some info on the pre-36 style tunic. I've got a little background but would like to hear more (esp. w/ photos). Thanks. Here's mine:

http://www.germanmilitaria.com/Heer/photos/H53255.html
    Last edited by theinglebaby23; 05-24-2006, 12:05 AM.

I think it is a converted waffenrock as it has a two piece construction. The transition tunics were constructed in one piece. They replaced the collar and the SB.

Juan

Comment

You're right. I dug in the sleeves and they have been reattached. So the question is, is was this pre or post war done?

Should someone be trying to convert a waffenrock, by the time they added shoulderboards and a collar, I'm guessing they were probably in the hole, so why try to fake. Plus the pockets are exact in coloration, and not stiched through, so whoever did it had to take the lining apart, sew in the pockets, then restitch the lining in. Lot of work. Plus it was a private tailor job. Did landsers convert their waffenrocks for some reason? Would this be allowable?

Comment

They did a super job. It is definatedly war time as the quality of the job is superb in my opinion. I do not think post war conversion will add value to the tunic.

JUan

Comment

Early tunic

the tunic looks similar to one I have or will have it is in the mail. I will post better photographs when is in my hands. Anyhow here is this Diesenstrock with waffenfarbe for Pioneers. I assume this is real thing and not converted waffenrock.
          cheers Robert
          Attached Files

Comment

Early Tunic

The shoulderboards.
            Attached Files

Comment

Early Tunic

another photograph.
              Attached Files

Comment

Early Tunic

A back shot of the tunic.
                Attached Files

Comment

Early Tunic

Last photograph. I am not into dress tunics but this one appealed to me and was okay price $600US so I grabbed it and will deal with the missus when it arrives she doesnt appreciate my hobby.
                  cheers Robert
                  Attached Files

Comment

Hi theinglebaby23, I was actually going to email Peter on the tunic you bought until the one I posted below became available on estand. IMO these are very attractive tunics. Well I hope to see mine soon. Lets see how long US customs hangs on to it.
                    Attached Files

Comment

You guys both have service tunics. Mine is a converted waffenrock (dress) tunic. The tailor dated mine '38, why would it get converted a year before they got rid of service tunics? Both very cool. I guess a lot were worn thoughout the entire war!

PS- I share the missus problem.... Any advice on that? That'd be a good thread!

Comment

You are right on the converted Waffenrock. I just noticed the two piece line. I guess I am not so observant sometimes . My guess is that your tunic was probably an old-timer that didn’t have the funds for a completely new tunic so decided to convert his barley used waffenrock. Probably not too much use for a parade tunic when you are gearing up for war.

Comment

Ya poor guy, probably wasn't a cheap conversion. The US Army just changed all their uniforms, so I know how he feels. I didn't notice the 2-piece construction either when I bought it. Glad it worked out, coulda been a 1k dollar mistake!

Comment

Originally posted by theinglebaby23
                            Ya poor guy, probably wasn't a cheap conversion. The US Army just changed all their uniforms, so I know how he feels. I didn't notice the 2-piece construction either when I bought it. Glad it worked out, coulda been a 1k dollar mistake!
                            No mistake with that one, everything looks right.

Comment

I agree with wartime conversion also. Just a question, are the hip pockets fuctional or just the pocket flap? The uniform has alot of character.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X