Edwin
    Attached Files

No2
    Attached Files

Comment

No3
      Attached Files

Comment

I would say definite repro. To start with, Construction is sloppy, and I have never seen brown wool used all the way up the tongue on the reverse. I would stay away from these.

Comment

The wool up the tongue is a bad sign! Field grey or the DAK brown wool is what I like to see on these things as well.

Steve

Comment

Hello Edwin...I may have mentioned..a high end DAK collector had many sets of these made in the mid 90's..any branch piping one wanted..he had a couple of bolts of original tropical cloth.the top olive drab cloth looks fine.but the rest of the boards not....if it were me..I'd buy a nice repro pair..as the originals are getting impossible to find..and I'd rather spend 40 and not get stung..but..thats just me....at least you could have something to use for the time being until the right boards materialzie..I have a nice pair of SS boards in cav golden yellow that are from a german manufacturer..and are the ones being sold these days as original..they cost only 30 dollars..having been burned on SS boards a few times..30 is not quite the sting of 300 (or more). I know many wont own repros..but shoulder boards are very scary..and most dealers get them wrong..well..I guess the customrer gets it wrong in theend for not knowing what he's buying..but...anyway.just some thoughts..the tropical material on the boards looks period.

Comment

many thanks for all your feedback on these straps guys, really helps a lot.

Ed

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X