WW1 Bavarian button found in Stalingrad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WW1 Bavarian button found in Stalingrad

Hello everyone. I have a friend who lives in Russia and he only lives a mile or two from where the former battle of stalingrad happen. Now I get somethings from him everynow and then such as romanian dog tags, luffwaffe permits, german dog tag, etc,etc, etc. Now I do get buttons from him. One day he found a WW1 Bavarian button? He saids that he things it is italian or romanian but from what I have seem in my collcetion. It is no doubt a WW1 Bavarian button. What I would like to know is How did a WW1 Bavarian button end up in Stalingrad?

There are several ways it could have ended up there indirectly. Perhaps a WW1 Russian vets souvenir that was lost, maybe an old grizzled retread needed a button (any button) and popped one off his old uniform (or just used what he could find) and lost it there. Perhaps a Bavarian prisoner was held there during WW1 and lost it. Well you get the idea, any number of ways!
    Dan Murphy

Comment

Thank you for your help. I was thinking maybe it was a good luck charm for a soldier and he drop it or maybe someone was wearing a WW1 German uniform.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X