Tailormade GD M44 Panzerjager tunic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gabardine

Bob's right, the wool in these latewar pieces is not exclusively from Italian scources; Do you think that earlier in the war the Germans imported all of the wool for they're tailor made jackets from Italy? It is the same type twill gab. seen in thousands of tailormade m36 tunics. People call it Italian wool because the contract production of uniforms out of this type material corresponds with the time of Italy's capitulation and it is identical to the material used in the production of Italian military garmets.

Mark
    Last edited by wurfmine; 12-04-2005, 02:33 AM.

Comment

For me , from these pics..it's just a ultra classical issue M 44 tunic with eventually reaplied insignas

At this period of production (44/45) , the material is for sure Italian ,
      and the two type of lining visible in the pics are Italian too....

I have seen several issue uniforms made with this material , the german industry used that was available at this period...

Here the list : wss officer M43 cap , heer/waffen M43 cap , M40/43/44 pants , Heer M43 tunic ( never seen a Wss/5buttons) , M44 jacket..

About the theory of the "Iron gabardine" , no doubt a similar material was produced in Germany or elsewhere ..but only for tailor made uniforms
      ( officer tunic , piped pants , breeches....)
      I never seen this type of material used for issue uniforms , before the introduction of the Italian gabardine in 43 .( I think about side cap , M36/40/41 tunics )

Comment

Merci

Thank you very much Alexandre !
        I think you are right.
        The Italian officer Gabardine used at the end of the war could be very close from German one but.... here it is .
        Amicalement
        Laurent

Comment

Originally posted by alexandre

At this period of production (44/45) , the material is for sure Italian ,
          and the two type of lining visible in the pics are Italian too....

I have seen several issue uniforms made with this material , the german industry used that was available at this period...

Here the list : wss officer M43 cap , heer/waffen M43 cap , M40/43/44 pants , Heer M43 tunic ( never seen a Wss/5buttons) , M44 jacket..

About the theory of the "Iron gabardine" , no doubt a similar material was produced in Germany or elsewhere ..but only for tailor made uniforms
          ( officer tunic , piped pants , breeches....)
          I never seen this type of material used for issue uniforms , before the introduction of the Italian gabardine in 43 .( I think about side cap , M36/40/41 tunics )

Right Alexander!!

PS: have a M44 with this kind of material to sell me?

Comment

More example

Alex,

Could you tell us more about the use of this gabardine in Italian army please ?
            Merci
            Amicalement
            Laurent

PS: Alexandre I bought a "Podova" Einheitsfeldmütze some weeks ago, do you keep some photos of yours ?

Comment

Latewar Gabardine

Look, I'm not saying that this jacket is not made of Italian gabardine or the lining isn't Italian, I am sure it is. what I am saying is that it is ludicrous to assume that all late war contract Gab. stock was from Italian scources. I own 8 pieces of issue garmets in gabardine and this '44 tunic which is TAILORMADE. I was merely agreeing with Bob. As for my knowledge of Italian army gabadine, I have owned one pair of pants which were more of a stretch type gab. and were lined in virtually the same HBT as this tunic. I will post better pics of the tunic, later this week and you can see if think the tunic is restored. I can assure you that if you had it in hand, you would not think so. I know the tunic is an weird mix of pattern, unit, branch, and rank, but I'm just fine with it.

Mark

Comment

?

Hello Wurfmine
                Nobody write that all the late gabardine in Germany was Italian one! Some of us think that the material of your Feldbluse 44 is Italian Officer gabardine. I do too. You think that your Feldbluse is TAILORMADE one, I don't think so ! BUT ! I will be very happy to change my mind on this point, please believe me. So some photos of the lining of your Feldbluse will be very useful..
                You write that you own 8 "issue garmets" in gabardine. could you describe it for us ! I only know a issue uniform in gabardine, it is the Waffenrock, so I will be happy to see some more example if you can post it here. When I write "Issue" I would say and I understand Enlisted Men's official uniforms received in their units ! NCO and Officer could or should used it, it is the case on the field, where officer should wear EM's uniform (with Waffenrock collar and officer insignia) but ... But German army was not a good example of respect of the official orders about uniforms and regulation was far to be obey...
                I hope that this debate will be long, there is some interesting point to ligth.
                Sorry for my english, believe me it is hard for me to express all I want to say!
                Amitiés de Laurent

Comment

Originally posted by Laurent
                  Alex,

Could you tell us more about the use of this gabardine in Italian army please ?
                  Merci
                  Amicalement
                  Laurent

PS: Alexandre I bought a "Podova" Einheitsfeldmütze some weeks ago, do you keep some photos of yours ?
                  The "Gabardina" material was in use in early time (beginning of the 30's) to tailor the tunics of italian Army Officer. I don't know if it was born in Italy or not, however every German tunics, coats or trousers you saw around was tailored after the middle of 1943 (falls of Mussolini's government) when Germans keep away (stolen) this material from the Italian Army warehouses.

Alex

Comment

Hi All -

Although the tunic itself may indeed be wartime vintage, I have to believe that the boards and tabs were added later - the afore-mentioned "wide" retainers are one issue, and the boards seem to be far too big for the tunic - if on a mannequin, I think there would be cosiderable overhang. If I am not mistaken, the tabs are the Russia braid style, and I would think a full bird colonel would have sprung for a bullion eagle if he were having this privately tailored, even in late 44 or early 45. None of this is conclusively damning, but taken together, it raises a few eyebrows, I guess. Just my $.02.

Don

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X