Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shines under UV; original or not?

Hello,
    I recently bought a NSDAP flag. The black Swastika is printed on the white. I checked him with UV light. The stiching on the end of the flag, and on the side where you attach him, glow under UV light. Just as the rope.

Based on what I know, that's a bad sign. What do you think?

Greetings,
    Frank
    Last edited by German_military; 12-01-2005, 07:51 AM.

It's not a bad sign, there are lots of original items that glow- including original stitching. You need to look at the materials, construction techniques, aging etc. to make a determination. I have a vet-aquired salty NSDAP armband and the white stitching that connects the roundel to the red part glows brightly. I also have a Hilfskrankentraeger armband and some of the threads that the material is woven from glow, and some don't. There is no doubt that the Germans used synthetic whiteners on fabrics during WWII.

Chris

Comment

I sold the flag to Frank and guarentee it is 100% original in every respect. I will gladly take it back if he is not happy with it . It came directly from a 100th Division Veteran in Western Pa. along with the DLV dagger I also sold on estand and other items right out of the woods. Not being interested in such flags and becuase they are worth little I never buy them unless they are from an estate and are practically free. This is a good flag , I have had plenty of good veteran items that have glowed under UV particulary reds and whites. It is a test that in many cases does not have much value in establishing pre 1945 authenticity .

Comment

Hello,
        Thanks for the great explanation. The flag itself is very nice and almost new.
        So new, that I just wanted to be sure that be glowing under UV is not a problem. I learn new things every day.

I'd like to thank Don for the fast shipping, and the great flag!

Greetings,
        Frank!

Comment

Frank can we see photos of the flag?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X